[Solved] Yet another Image Size / Imbedding Question

TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
edited January 2019 in New Users

I know this has probably been asked countless times, so I appreciate everyones patience.

If I render at 2922 x 2191 (to eventually pop into InDesign & then export as PDF) what size attachments for DAZ?  18MB too large.  

Preferred file size?

Around 1949 x 1462 = 8.15MB -- Still too large an attachment?

While I’m at it, still working on weeding out linked images from Imgur.  Thousands of photos & art gets confusing!

One step way to imbed an image at DAZ?

Currently I’m attaching a file then click ‘post.’  Copy url, edit my post, and paste the DAZ url.  Seems sort silly to edit a post just to get the url.

Is there a way to attach/embed at the same time?  

Sorry if this is ultra FAQ.  I read a tutorial by “Novica” but current version of FF might not support going a step back to get the url if that makes any sense.  Wants to open attachment in sep. tab.

Thanks for reading.

Post edited by Tynkere on

Comments

• No, you need to attach and view the link or to use an off-site host if you want to embed an image in your post.

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

That was quick.  Thanks.  Two steps it is then.  :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2019

and 2mb largest size for forums if you use the attachment way

Also whichever way you use, attachment or off site host  can you please limit the width to 800px for forum viewing.  You can do this using the image tools and then clickoing on the image will bring it up to full size.

Another way to do it is of course to open a Daz Gallery and then take your link for imbedding from that.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Thanks.  Think my attachments average around 4 so will resize them down to 2.

best

--Bruce