Can I use a gift card for multiple micro-purchases?

pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537

When I get the platinum club coupon, I often spend it on an item thet is close to $6. As a result, I often have a purchase that is only a few cents. Can I purchase a gift card and use it for the left over amounts multiple times? Does the gift card ever expire?

Comments

• thepenguin99thepenguin99 Posts: 62
    edited January 2019

Yes you can do that. You buy the gift card then add it to your account. AFAIK the credit on your account doesn't expire. Gift cards themselves do expire after a year which is odd.

Post edited by thepenguin99 on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Yes you can do that. You buy the gift card then add it to your account. AFAIK the credit on your account doesn't expire. Gift cards themselves do expire after a year which is odd.

How do you convert a gift card to account credit?

• Store credit tab in your account. "Have a gift card? Click here to redeem it."

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

click the little blue man icon in the upper right corner and select "My Account", then click the "gift cards" icon, then enter the gift card code and click the "redeem gift card" button.  If I remember correctly it doesn't tell you it worked but if you then go look at your store credit you will see that it did.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

I think the OP is asking how to turn the PC+ $6 coupons into store credit, and this is not possible. The PC+ coupons can not be used to reduce the price of a gift card. The entire $6 reduction must be used on a single order.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,299
    Havos said:

I think the OP is asking how to turn the PC+ $6 coupons into store credit, and this is not possible. The PC+ coupons can not be used to reduce the price of a gift card. The entire $6 reduction must be used on a single order.

No, they're asking how to avoid, say, a $6.24 basket turning into the kind of $0.24 transactions that banks don't particularly like, and gift cards are fine for that.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Not really   as often people who run contests and challenges will buy gift cards in advance for prizes, especially when there is an offer going on.   And you are correct, once a GC is credited to your account as store credit it works the same as real money (except you can't buy GCs with it) and stays there just begging you to spend it.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited January 2019
    Havos said:

No, they're asking how to avoid, say, a $6.24 basket turning into the kind of $0.24 transactions that banks don't particularly like, and gift cards are fine for that.

That's exactly what I'm asking

Thanks all

Post edited by pwiecek on