Measure Metrics: just purchased, installed, but... (wrong folder, solved)

...the plugin does not show up anywhere, and did check the daz-studio folder for such file, and it is not there.

So, the Figure metrics and so on are on the contents, but then trial of use them nags of missing plugin.

Neext action: manual download/install/extraact and manual placing to the folder, or something related...?

Lets see, does it success.

[EDIT]Found that many contents were in similar folder hierarchy, but instead of Daz Studio's location hard drive, the installation was on otherwise empty folder hierarchy on other drive, where was plugins/such folders. So, when installation should have gone to C:, the plugin and found that few other ones from back times, were installed on the same path, but on D:-drive...

Post edited by Markus Kemppainen on

Comments

• Used manual install. The metrics did show up once on the list, but something messed with the scene, did reopen the program, but now the metrics is again gone...

• Couple of times reinstalled, then did let the installer to open the software, plugin was there, added the serial,, and closed the daz studio for the plugin to be active, as the instruction of the program said. Opened daz studio, and the plugin was again missing.  This requires deeper file searches, and pondering the registry things or so, if there is something dual or so. 

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610

since measure metrics is a plugin, you might want to download the exe and install it yourself.  I have something in DIM right now that I will be doing that with.

secondly, measure metrics has a nice window that you pull up that shows you the dimensions of the figure, after you apply the planes from your content folder.

so... A) do a special hand install
    B) find the measure metrics folder in the content folder and apply the basic or complicated set of planes.
    C) open the MM window/tab to view details.

• Thank You for the good will and reply, I just celebrated the success on the plugin working now with the coffee...

So, as I edited to the thread, I found that few contents(plugins) had installed to D: drive instead of the C: where the Daz Studio is. What related things I have recently have had under the plan, is to fix the diffeeent libraries or directiories locations, as on many things exists related "file not found" things. Thaat by the content locations on many different folders, then installations and reinstallations, and last, but not least, when m computer main user account (!) did corrupt during the Windows update back then, all my installed things messed up. What the task in the future I have, is to sort such libraries, then organise and also fix the saved scene and so on files paths i nthe files, but that is so big amount of work, that it will require creating a python-code for scanning and fixing, but that is not yet so critical requirement, but must be done in some coming future.