Now Available in Store: Dolled Up Textures and Shaders for V4, Genesis, and Genesis 2

SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
edited October 2013 in Daz PA Commercial Products

I'm sorry this thread is so late being put up. I have been bogged down with real life issues that demanded my attention. Dolled Up was made after one too many of my friends and family called my DAZ hobby "playing with your dolls."

I created a very basic base texture set using the V4 uvs so that it can be used on Victoria 4, Genesis, and Genesis 2 Females (when you have the Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Females product by MallenLane). There are no strong details on this texture set, only what a doll maker might paint onto her dolls. There are 8 subtle makeup options with mix and match lip textures, as well as 5 eye color options.

The best part is the shaders. These shaders can be applied over the Dolled Up textures, or your own textures, or even no textures at all. I have created shaders that mimic the powdery smooth texture of bisque porcelain, such as you might see in many unpainted dolls and statuettes, the satiny and slightly shiny hard paste porcelain that is most common in porcelain dolls, or the highly polished, glazed shiny look of fine china. Also, for those who like their fashion dolls in the plastic variety, there are also shaders that will give you that look.

Each shader comes in 2 or 3 tints, intended to blend with whatever underlying texture and give you just the right look. These shaders already take into account that you have your preferred texture set, uvs and all, and only adds the porcelain or plastic effect without changing your base texture. No need to hold the ctrl key when applying, it just knows. Keep in mind, because these are meant to be dolls, the bump and specular maps are removed and replaced with Dolled up maps.

Because these shaders are neither texture nor UV dependent, they can be applied to anything from animals to cars to toys or dishes. Literally anything you want to portray in ceramics. One of the promo pictures below shows V4 wearing a tutu and leotard, all which have the china shaders applied to them.

I have also realized that when buying a doll, especially the plastic fashion dolls (can I say Barbie?), you generally get a starter outfit, usually a swimsuit and shoes. So, this set includes a basic one piece swimsuit and plastic high heeled shoes. The swimsuit contains 4 material zones, so you can turn it into a bikini or a bustier type suit. The shoes have a separate heel material zone, just in case.

And lastly, what is a doll without a nifty stand to display her? An adjustable doll stand is included, available in 4 colors (pink, white, black, and grey), but can be easily customized by changing the diffuse color or adding a texture map to the diffuse color channel. It is mapped for tiling textures, so go crazy!

Oh, and one last thing... I have included morphs to hide the lacrimal and to make the iris bigger. Dolls don't have lacrimals, do they? The morphs are located under Actor/Head/Face/Eyes and start with DU_

One important note that I put in the readme file, but some may not find, is that the shader will apply to any surface you have selected in the surface tab, so be sure to only select those you want to "doll up." So be sure you don't have the cornea, tear, eye-surface, or eye-reflection surfaces selected when you apply the shaders. If you do accidentally apply them, you may have to manually reset the opacity to 0%.

Please post some renders. This isn't all about sales, you know. I like to see my products out in the wild, so to speak. Enjoy!

Brian (aka Slosh)

Horse.png
500 x 650 - 290K
Doll_Trio.png
1000 x 1300 - 2M
boy_doll.png
1000 x 1300 - 386K
Ballerina.png
1000 x 1300 - 393K
Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 870K
Post edited by Slosh on

Comments

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Here are a few more renders:

popup05.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 787K
    Dinnerware.png
    650 x 500 - 338K
    popup03.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 491K
    Bratz_01.png
    1000 x 1300 - 425K
  • SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Slosh,this is totally fabulous! Well done!
    Can't wait to play this weekend :)

edited December 1969

Slosh,this is totally fabulous! Well done!
    Can't wait to play this weekend :)

Hey, thanks, Sassy! I look forward to seeing what you have to share.

• SGCBearcubSGCBearcub Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

Instantly went in my cart ...what a wonderful idea. Thank-you!

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Dolly is even better than it looked in the store :)
    Settled on bisque pink for Dolly in the RedHouse Magic Shoppe. :) (I love these older bundle sales! In addition to great buys they remind me of stuff I forgot I had. LOL)

MagicShoppeDollyF.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited December 1969

So, does anyone have a favorite Barbi-esque character MORPH?

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Is it possible to get darker skin tones than porcelain white? I'm interested in darker skins, is that possible with this product?

edited December 1969

anikad said:
    Is it possible to get darker skin tones than porcelain white? I'm interested in darker skins, is that possible with this product?

I wasn't sure if you wanted to know if the set came with darker tones, or if you wondered if we could use darker tones with the set. The shaders come in white, pink, and peach but none are really considered dark. If you put the peach tone over an african texture, it will render dark of course, but just using the Dolled Up textures you would need to make adjustments in the diffuse color and also make the specular darker, otherwise your girl will be really shiny :)

Here is a sample where I changed the diffuse to a medium brown and lowered the specular to just under 50% grey.

darker.jpg
    500 x 800 - 192K
    edited December 1969

pwiecek said:

I had created a few doll-head morphs when putting the package together, but after showing them to a few people it was decided that too many people would have their own opinion on what a doll head should look like. So I scrapped them. Kind of wishing now that I'd listened to my own instinct, since I quite liked them and the product is more popular than expected. Below are a few of those heads. I didn't do any Barbie type heads because I felt they might be rejected due to being too similar to Barbie, thus creating copyright issues.

Vintage_Head.jpg
    650 x 800 - 294K
    V4_Ballgown.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    round_face_2.jpg
    500 x 800 - 133K
    Fashion_Doll.png
    675 x 750 - 756K
    China_Doll.jpg
    500 x 800 - 126K
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

This will make for some very fun pictures.

image.jpg
    622 x 881 - 171K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

There used to be a Barbie type doll morph for V4 over at sharecg.com but I couldn't find the link and so many things have been pulled. Maybe somebody else can find it?

"out of the box" ... this is neat, thank you.

dollshape.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 123K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2013

You might be thinking of this:
    http://www.sharecg.com/images/medium/109388.png

In which case it wasn't a download. It was Paul Sutton's (aka the guy who made the PP2010 cover of the girl w/ the flowing red hair) art concept.
    He's got a couple doll concepts up on his DA page. http://blacksheepart.deviantart.com/

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    This will make for some very fun pictures.

Fantastic, Goose! Love it.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    You might be thinking of this:
    http://www.sharecg.com/images/medium/109388.png

In which case it wasn't a download. It was Paul Sutton's (aka the guy who made the PP2010 cover of the girl w/ the flowing red hair) art concept.
    He's got a couple doll concepts up on his DA page. http://blacksheepart.deviantart.com/

No, that was most definitely not it! I did download the morph [which is tucked away in a safe place somewhere] but thought others would like the morph too and all I found were like the references to the 'artwork' as you found.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited October 2013

Thanks, when I seen the maids outfit I new I wanted to make a zombie maid, and after installing most of my new purchases from the past few day, I decided to try them out. I figured it'd make a disturbing nicknack for any zombie lover :) love the product btw, as well as Spex, thank you.

Post edited by Dkgoose on
    edited October 2013

Didn't find the readme ... but did find the morph. It's called either "Barbara Doll" or "Barbara Dollie".

The Link! sharecg.com Barbra dollie

Hair is Nasha.

BarbaraDoll2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 133K
    Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

I like it, assuming that is the morph you spoke of. Just wondering, did you know the stand is adjustable? You seem to have it cutting right through her hips.

edited December 1969

Yes that's the morph and 1 of the 2 poses it came with. Yours shaders of course ;-)

Ouch, missed that! Trying to deal with 2 many things at once lol ...

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    pwiecek said:

I had created a few doll-head morphs when putting the package together, but after showing them to a few people it was decided that too many people would have their own opinion on what a doll head should look like. So I scrapped them. Kind of wishing now that I'd listened to my own instinct, since I quite liked them and the product is more popular than expected. Below are a few of those heads. I didn't do any Barbie type heads because I felt they might be rejected due to being too similar to Barbie, thus creating copyright issues.

Yeah, there is that. Especially since I wanted to re-create copies of 2 specific outfits.