3Delight Shader - How do I make it work?

Hi.

I bought some shaders (https://www.daz3d.com/industrial-walls-daz-studio-shaders), but I cant make them work. In the product information, it says "Required Products: None", and it does not menshion anything about the shaders beeing 3Delight format, so i thougt that I could use it.
In Daz, my new shaders are catagorizied under "Shaders/3Delight". That is why I guess it must be in a 3Delight format.
I guess I need to change from the Iray render engine to a 3Delight render engine, but how do I do that?
I can make Iray shaders work.

Kind regards
Jesper

Comments

• In the Advanced or Editor tabs of the Render Settings pane there is a button labelled Render Engine - click that to get a menu of the available engines. In general, if a product has an SKU in the low twentry-thousands or under any DS materials will be 3Delight only, and won't specify as at the time that was the only engine (other than OpenGL) suported.

• Thx a lot. And thank you for a fast answer. That is good to know. It now shows in render, but not in prewiew/workarea. I guess I need to study some configurations. My next challange with the shaders is; When I export an object as an fbx with the shaders, the shaders dont seem to be exportet with it. Is there a way to do that?
  • Shaders are usually specific to an aplication and render engine, though that is improving. I would not expect to get a 3Delight shader working in another application - at best you might be able to use Shader Baker to produce a map that matched the look under particular lighting.

• Ahh that make sense. I appreciate your answer.