Skipper's Berth

Comments

• skipper25skipper25 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

LOL Those kids are gonna be knocked down by a taxi or a No.19 bus any minute.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...a pic of my little Leela and her two friends goofing off in front of the Palace in the not so far future.

Added a red brick texture to the parade grounds and area in front of the gates (after viewing a number of photos). Looks good with Daz UE lights (Cloud9 set).

Great posing! Are the UE lights also included in DS? I guess I really have to look around in there next time I have it open.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...there is a basic setup that comes with Daz Studio since 3Advanced which includes Uber Environment and the UberArea Lights. I used DimensionTheory's Cloud9 Lights which also uses UberEnvironment.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...there is a basic setup that comes with Daz Studio since 3Advanced which includes Uber Environment and the UberArea Lights. I used DimensionTheory's Cloud9 Lights which also uses UberEnvironment.

Thanks. I really have to dig in next time I open up DS. I don't know when that will be, though. Are the Cloud9 lights a pay item? I like doing my own posing, but lights...if something is avialable to make it better, I'm fine with that.

Dana

edited December 1969

...unfortunately it is, but it is so useful. I consider it the UE version of the old LDP

http://www.daz3d.com/cloud-nine-for-daz-studio

Yeah, a bit spendy however keep an eye out as Daz seems to be doing these 4 hour sales every so often.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...unfortunately it is, but it is so useful. I consider it the UE version of the old LDP

http://www.daz3d.com/cloud-nine-for-daz-studio

Yeah, a bit spendy however keep an eye out as Daz seems to be doing these 4 hour sales every so often.

Well, I can't afford to spend half of that on one item right now. Should spend it at all. In the wishlist it went.

Dana

edited May 2013

It may be of interest that I have today put up a freebie at ShareCG, that is a small part of the large Downton Abbey (aka Highclere Castle) model on sale at my site. This freebie is the entrance porch with opening door. One realises that we have students, teenagers and other impecunious folks messing with 3D, and this small offering is a way of encouraging them. I hope that it will be of use.

Front_Entrance.jpg
    400 x 726 - 41K
    Post edited by skipper25 on
  • ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited May 2013

Looks yummy!

And I do have use for this. Many thnx again.

But ... like others ... my DL's have stalled.

Post edited by Elowan on
    edited December 1969

...nice, Thank you.

edited December 1969

Here is one for the ladies - a cheval mirror to go in the boudoir, or perhaps a clothing boutique. The mirror tilts.
    Get it at ShareCG. Fun.

V+Cheval.jpg
    395 x 780 - 34K
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Thanks for both of these :) Is it possible to post a link to your Sharecg site (or the item) when you post about these? It would make it much easier for people to find them.

Here's a link to Skipper's Sharecg site:

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=skipper25

edited May 2013

Yes, of course. Sorry I overlooked it - and thank you for the link.

Post edited by skipper25 on
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

No problem - as forgetful as I am, I can sure understand it in others . Thanks again! :)

edited December 1969

...a dressing mirror for Leela, now she'll never be able to decide what to wear. ;-)

• michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the Downton doorway and the mirror. I'm saving up for your Highclere model :)

edited December 1969

I am glad that you like them. I have just finished a model of Trafalgar Square and currently am working on my website. I should have some good news for you in a week or so.

edited December 1969

...you have my attention.

BTW Will any of these models be available on a site here in the States? As i understand things, there seems to be an issue with using Bank Debit Cards for overseas purchases and Pay Pal doesn't like me because I do not have a telephone.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

I don't have one listed on my account. As long as you have a valid bank account that should be all you need

edited December 1969

...their sign up would not let me open an account without one. When I tried just entering 000-000-0000 it said that was an invalid number.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Maybe they changed something. I've had mine for about 8 years now. I don't remember entering one.

edited December 1969

...I tries a couple years ago because I wanted to purchase content from PoserDirect which is also in the UK.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes I had to have a tel number when I opened mine. In fact I had quite a bit of a problem changing it when I moved. Had to go through all sorts of convoluted manoeuvres to get it to allow me to change my number.

edited December 1969

...about the only other solution would be to get a certified bank cheque for the amount and send it via the international post which could take weeks.

edited December 1969

Oh dear, oh dear. I am an artist/modeller and not a financier, so cannot advise. OTOH, my ickle bruvver is into commerce and has overall responsibility for our new website. What I CAN tell you is that he and I are both busy, busy, busy developing the site and we have all sorts of things in hand. I will certainly put your problem to him and see what he can come up with. Perhaps some credit card???? I know that it was an option he was thinking about. It would be absurd to cause problems for any customer and friend.

BTW, one of the things that I want to include on the site is a gallery of renders sent by folks who have used my models. Would that be OK by all?

edited December 1969

...yes, indeed (on the gallery).

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

With Skipper's agreement and approval I am willing to act as a 'go-between' - toss me a GC for the relevant amount and I'll do the the purchase for you, passing on the download/details.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes I had to have a tel number when I opened mine. In fact I had quite a bit of a problem changing it when I moved. Had to go through all sorts of convoluted manoeuvres to get it to allow me to change my number.

I couldn't remember, so I just checked my PayPal Profile, and yes I have my telephone (cell) listed. I see an Edit button next to it, so wouldn't think there would be a problem changing it, but I've never had to try so don't know for sure.
    edited December 1969

skipper25 said:
    Oh dear, oh dear. I am an artist/modeller and not a financier, so cannot advise. OTOH, my ickle bruvver is into commerce and has overall responsibility for our new website. What I CAN tell you is that he and I are both busy, busy, busy developing the site and we have all sorts of things in hand. I will certainly put your problem to him and see what he can come up with. Perhaps some credit card???? I know that it was an option he was thinking about. It would be absurd to cause problems for any customer and friend.

BTW, one of the things that I want to include on the site is a gallery of renders sent by folks who have used my models. Would that be OK by all?

Better look into getting an SSL certificate, then. Nobody will enter credit card information on an insecure site. Nobody with any sense, anyway. Then, when you do have the certificate, make sure that the site is in secure mode when someone hits it. If you start out with http:// and then change to https:// when someone enters the cart, it's too late. That opens you to a man-in-the-middle attack. I've been reading up on security things recently. A couple of months ago I made it so that any requests for my site are immediately transferred to the SSL secured mode before the request is even posted. That eliminates the possibility of a man-in-the-middle attack. This is advice that I took very seriously. People need to feel secure, they need to feel that they can trust a site with their money. Many sites are not doing this yet...in fact this site right here is not doing it.

Dana

edited December 1969

I am sure that is good advice. Thanks.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    chohole said:

I couldn't remember, so I just checked my PayPal Profile, and yes I have my telephone (cell) listed. I see an Edit button next to it, so wouldn't think there would be a problem changing it, but I've never had to try so don't know for sure.

I think mine got more complimacated because I opened it as a business account, because at the time I was still toying with the idea of going commercial.