What's with the Stupid "Powered by Text-Enhance" Links?

ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The title pretty much says it all... what the heck is up with the STUPID "Powered by Text-Enhance" links that are appearing throughout the store and even in the forum posts? Random words and phrases are highlighted in blue and look like links to useful info... but they are baited traps that take you places you do not want to go. These links seem to be popping up randomly in store items descriptions, forum posts... everywhere. The item "Aartform Curvy 3D 2.0 Pro" http://www.daz3d.com/shop/aartform-curvy-3d-2-0-pro/ mentions " our unique Curvy Lathe Tools" in the What's Included section. Upon my first visit to that page today I saw the words "Lathe Tools" highlighted in blue, so I clicked on that hoping to learn more about those unique Curvy lathe tools. Where did I end up? A listing of woodworking and machine shop lathe tool manufacturers and sales organizations which had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with 3D modeling or the Curvy 3D application.

When I clicked on the "New Topic" button in the forum to start this thread, a second unwanted tab poped-up asking me to take a survey and telling me I could win a new I-Pad! This kind of thing is absolutely unwanted, intrusive, misleading and rather intollerable.

Comments

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Sorry Chuck, I'm not getting any of that. And I just tried a new post and no other tab popped up. It almost sounds like something on your end.

I'm using FF 13 and AdBlock if that helps any.

Hope you figure it out :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Your browser is infected with malware. Look for a plugin called "I want this", disable it, then uninstall it from your computer.

• ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453
    edited December 1969

Your browser is infected with malware. Look for a plugin called "I want this", disable it, then uninstall it from your computer.

Wow... you're right! That little sucker sneaked right past security and set up shop. Disabled now and uninstalled. Thanks so much for the help!