Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2019 CLOSED

1212223242527»

Comments

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

I think it fits the theme very well L'Adair. It is an excellent and well done render. I really like the overlapping picture frames.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,093

Nicely done!

Dana

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074
    L'Adair said:

I managed to put together an entry. It's a bit different for me, using 3Delight instead of Iray… Not sure if it really hits this month's criteria, but at this point, I'm just pleased I found the time to do it at all!

Magick: The Family Legacy

Oh L'adair..  that is lovely... This month's challenge is quite tricky... even for me.  I didn't make the themes.. so I'm not sure what they mean either... LOL.  But... I love your take on it.  THANK YOU for sharing!

edited December 2019

ok gang... My last render for this challenge... Not exactly what I wanted but I'm running out of time. 

This is both frame in frame and picture in picture.... Hope you can see them. 

ENJOY!

p.s... I'm still contempating next year... Only heard from a handful of people so not sure I will keep the challenge going.  I have a great idea... but we shall see.. I still have a few days.

PICTURE WITHIN PICTURE 1024x1024 DONE SIGN nikeffects.JPG
    1169 x 1210 - 124K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Good to see more frames and pictures in pictures and frames!

I'd be happy to have another year of challenges. I think I made most months this year and challenges are a fun way to step out of what I usually do. So if you decide to keep going, I'll be around to join the fun.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

I would love for this challenge to continue on next year.

When I can I love to make renders for this challenge!! (When RL is not kicking me in da butt dat is)

That mirror makes her look slimmer or it could be the smile. Very well done Llola Lane.

That mirror makes her look slimmer or it could be the smile. Very well done Llola Lane.

Yeah.. I agree Dee.. It's all in the posing.. and sucking in the gut...  I think... lol.  Thanks.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I was supposed to start actively rendering again after I did my entry here for last month. But for various reasons there hasn't been much rendering at all. sad Still a few days left of this month (and year) to get a frame in frame done so I'll have to try to make something for that. Even if I don't comment much, it's always a pleasure seeing everyone's take on the same theme so I would hope the challenge continues next year.

2 more days til the end of the month everyone... you have til the 31st to get your picture in picture or frame within frame artwork posted.  ALL are welcome to join in the fun...

also...

If you haven't yet... please let me know if you are interested in doing a challenge for next year... I had a great idea... but I found something I like better for the challenges... but only if you all want to continue... :)  Happy New Year (soon)... hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

isidorn said:

I was supposed to start actively rendering again after I did my entry here for last month. But for various reasons there hasn't been much rendering at all. sad Still a few days left of this month (and year) to get a frame in frame done so I'll have to try to make something for that. Even if I don't comment much, it's always a pleasure seeing everyone's take on the same theme so I would hope the challenge continues next year.

Thank you for your input isidorn  I will keep everyone posted ;)

edited December 2019

It just turned the 31st where I am so I'm getting this in with plenty of time left. :) Here's my take on frame in frame. Hopefully I got it right and didn't get lost in translation with my frame(s) (glasses) in frame (of the mirror). And if the glasses don't count, there is a backup framed picture in the background.

This was btw my first successful use of Dforce. So that's one new experience under the belt thanks to this challenge. :)

Frames (2).jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 590K
    Post edited by isidorn on
    isidorn said:

It just turned the 31st where I am so I'm getting this in with plenty of time left. :) Here's my take on frame in frame. Hopefully I got it right and didn't get lost in translation with my frame(s) (glasses) in frame (of the mirror). And if the glasses don't count, there is a backup framed picture in the background.

This was btw my first successful use of Dforce. So that's one new experience under the belt thanks to this challenge. :)

ooo lovely take on the challenge isidorn ... and yes.. frames and pictures all around... Well done.  Oh and great success on the Dforce... I'm jealous.  Thanks for sharing!

FYI.. I have decided to continue the challenge for 2020!   Hopefully the themes will intice more peeps to join in the fun.  I will post the challenge tomorrow with the themes... I hope you like them.  Please do not post your artwork until the first of the year... Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (erm.. in a day for me.. lol)

edited December 2019

As a teaser... In the new year we will find out if... OPPOSITES ATTRACT!

Well done Isidorn, I like the pretty young ladies with the framed glasses. I by the smile on duckies bill I would say he agrees.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

Loving everybodies' renders!

Meanwhile, Desparate Last Minute Rush Productions brings you...

Title: Pensive Vladimir

Framed by the window frame.

(3Delight & Gimp)

Looking forward to participating (hopefully in a more timely fashion!) in next years challenge.

FYI.. I have decided to continue the challenge for 2020!   

Yay! laugh

For a moment there I had lewd images of Ducky and Kitteh flashing by my eyes.surprise Good thing we need to keep to TOS on the forum angel

Well done Isidorn, I like the pretty young ladies with the framed glasses. I by the smile on duckies bill I would say he agrees.

Thank you @deeleelaw57 ! And Ducky does most certainly agree wink

nattaruk said:

As the saying goes "To achieve great things, two things are needed: A plan and not quite enough time." smiley Poor Vladimir doesn't look enterily happy. I hope the new year brings happiness back to him.

Very nice nattaruk, Vlad has that far away look in his eyes.

nattaruk said:

Loving everybodies' renders!

Title: Pensive Vladimir

Framed by the window frame.

(3Delight & Gimp)

Looking forward to participating (hopefully in a more timely fashion!) in next years challenge.

YAY nattaruk  ... for 2 reasons... ya made it with a day to spare...  AND... YAY for 3Delight!  Oh I love that render engine... Well done... Thanks for sharing :)

isidorn said:

FYI.. I have decided to continue the challenge for 2020!   

Yay! laugh

For a moment there I had lewd images of Ducky and Kitteh flashing by my eyes.surprise Good thing we need to keep to TOS on the forum angel

Ha.. well... those two may yet get together... We'll have to wait til the end of 2020 to see ;)

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I just bookmarked the new thread…

edited December 2019
    L'Adair said:

I just bookmarked the new thread…

woo hoot... awesome L'Adair... so there will at least be the two of us doing next year's challenge... lol ;)

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

I'll be a round, too. Participating whenever I can, lurking when I can't :)

OK Gang... 2020 is heeeeeeeeeeeeere... Happy New Year to one and all... Here's the linky to the new challenge.... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/375341/llola-lane-s-render-a-month-challenge-2020 .. on your mark.. get set... goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!