Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2019 CLOSED

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,050
    Linwelly said:

Ups, I think I slept through February...

That's an interesting face there bigh, could as well still run as abstract and odd

awe yes... it went fast Linwelly.... But now we have March... .No more sleeping!!!  Find us a face!  ;)

I think February was worth sleeping through - we were frozen solid most of the month.  Kids were happy - buses couldn't run much, and now the temperatures are headed down again :-(

You must live in Ohio Missel.... Same weather here... (sigh)... They are calling for snow here on Sunday now!  again!!!

• We managed to crawl up to -17, but by the wee hours this morning we are supposed to be back down to -31, and that isn't including the windchill... the wind is howling pretty good, so I hate to think where our effective temperature will be at.  My husband regularly has to be out in the -50/60 effective up where he works... my toes go cold just thinking about it!  Not so much snow, though... I have a feeling I'm going to lose more plants again; see what the damage is come spring.  :-(

Stay warm!  Keep running those renders - look at how much heat those suckers give out when you cook your video card ;-)

We managed to crawl up to -17, but by the wee hours this morning we are supposed to be back down to -31, and that isn't including the windchill... the wind is howling pretty good, so I hate to think where our effective temperature will be at.  My husband regularly has to be out in the -50/60 effective up where he works... my toes go cold just thinking about it!  Not so much snow, though... I have a feeling I'm going to lose more plants again; see what the damage is come spring.  :-(

Stay warm!  Keep running those renders - look at how much heat those suckers give out when you cook your video card ;-)

LOL... ok.. Ohio can't compare... Atleast there is sun out today!!!  lol.  I don't envy you. 

<--keep renderin'

Warm hugs to all!!!!!

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Looks a bit grumpy must be old, very nice bigh.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

thanks guys

going to be 65 tomarrow here NC USA

stay warm

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    bigh said:

thanks guys

stay warm

Yeah But I've had enough if this stinking rain .. we had over 12 inches of rain in NE TN in the last 24 days Its been a mild winters  But enough with the rain already

Ivy said:
    bigh said:

thanks guys

stay warm

Yeah But I've had enough if this stinking rain .. we had over 12 inches of rain in NE TN in the last 24 days Its been a mild winters  But enough with the rain already

laughyes

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    Ivy said:
    bigh said:

thanks guys

stay warm

Come on up to Canada we R just getting milder temps of -19oC windchill we were getting -29 to -31oC, some places in Canada was like -40oC!

Now stop bragging about your beautiful weather or I will have to start talking about the weather here in 

southern California. As soon as I get back from the beach.

Now stop bragging about your beautiful weather or I will have to start talking about the weather here in 

southern California. As soon as I get back from the beach.

laughlaugh

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Ok now who is bragging Dee??laughwink

edited March 2019

This months challenge  "Things with Faces "

The Surprised dryer.

things with faces.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 227K
    Post edited by Ivy on

Ivy, all I can say is I am happy my coffee was setting on my desk when I opened this page. The tongue hanging out added to the look of surprise is Very well done. It will be several hours before the smile subsides.

cool one ivy yes

Thanks guys :)

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    Ivy said:

This months challenge  "Things with Faces "

The Surprised dryer.

This is hilarious! So great to add that cloth hanging out as tongue, this was a good laugh!

edited March 2019

Facing the Road Together

Facing the Road Together.jpg
    1536 x 1056 - 224K
    Post edited by deeleelaw57 on

very creative Dee.  It looks like those little car make a cute couple :)

tis a cutie yes

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

@mori_mann, I like the patterns the different leaves, (fronds?) make. And I'm pretty sure the geometric structure your guy is stiing on, in the middle of all that vegetation is abstract. And you can never go wrong including a half-naked guy in an image—imo, anyway. Nicely done.

@nattaruk, I love everything about your "album cover!" Very creative idea, and definitely evokes the psychedelic era. (Really nice post work, too.)

Llola Lane, I'm pretty sure those Pweebs on the dress only exist in thought, so your render is definitely abstract, as well as very odd! (And, honestly, about the only reasonable use I can see for that dress! LOL)

@SimonJM, Sackboy as Seymour. Love it! Kittehs and pizza aside, the use of Godrays to add atmosphere and create a profile shadow on the back wall is brilliant. The giant drop of saliva, the desolate and rundown look of the set… I think this is my favorite render of Sackboy. 

@Misselthwaite, You may not have liked feeling like you were back in HS art class, but it's obvious you paid attention. Incredibly surrealistic. Great image.

Sorry to be playing catch up so late for February. Some of you already know I lost power for several days when it snowed here, highly unusual for my neighborhood with the power lines underground. I'm happy to be back. Even happier to have heat and light in the whole house, instead of one room served by a newly purchased generator! (And that goes double, no triple, for having my computers back. The old laptop was barely better than nothing…)

edited March 2019

@bigh, I have no idea what that thing is, but when I look at it full size and let my imagination take over, I can see several faces in the center, and many more in the outer "ring" … What a great image of found faces.

@Ivy, The dryer is wonderful. Is that a female shape I detect in the "tongue," giving volume to what appears to be a dForce dress? Very, very clever.

@deeleelaw57, Now you're even creating renders that smile! You sure know how to run with a theme. wink Love it.

And finally, I'm all caught up. Yay! Now to "go out" and "find some faces!"

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    L'Adair said:

<snip>

@SimonJM, Sackboy as Seymour. Love it! Kittehs and pizza aside, the use of Godrays to add atmosphere and create a profile shadow on the back wall is brilliant. The giant drop of saliva, the desolate and rundown look of the set… I think this is my favorite render of Sackboy. 

<snip>

You spotted both kittehs then?  The wall shadow was, I am happy to say, a deliberate ploy as I wanted to have the top kitteh shadow projetced too.  The saliva had to be added, really! 

• L'Adair said:

@Misselthwaite, You may not have liked feeling like you were back in HS art class, but it's obvious you paid attention. Incredibly surrealistic. Great image.

Actually, the art teacher passed me only when I swore I would never take another art class (or drama, either, which she also taught).  However... here I am. :-)  I snuck back in...

The Castle Guard

The Castle Guard, by L'Adair

Full-size image is 1920 x 1080 and can be viewed from the gallery page here.

delightful smiley

bigh said:

delightful smiley

Thanks.

(Found the face, did ya? lol)

At first I had a delighted smile that changed to an awe and worried smile when I saw the face down there, very well done L'Adair.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Not a human face, right?  I think I see it.

Dana

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Well done @L'Adair I had to look twice as I first was expecting the face in the building (which is what I'm working on) but then the title and the moody setting made so uch more sense :D