Metaball based snow with a car file example. Plus Metaball Texture Builders on Terrain

HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927
edited December 2018 in Carrara Discussion

Image may contain: outdoor

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: sky, tree and outdoor

Image may contain: outdoor

been mucking round with this for a while I thought it might be useful for someone seeing it's Chrissie.

pretty hity and miss - metaball based snow.

Directions

Do a render at the end of the animation.

That will give you an idea of the size your buidling needs to be - by the snow size and coverage.

Go to frame 1 again, - drop your building in. Align it with the target helper (select target helper) then building and use ctrl k to align)

Go to last frame again and render.

The more complicated your buidling the longer it takes to render.

Good luck :)

Edit: Oh I noticed if you render a building with snow, then delete it and bring another in and render for some reason the particles still take the shape of the previous building - you may need to save new secene and restart carrara ...

txt
txt
justsnow-beta.txt
Post edited by Headwax on

Comments

• looks pretty heart

sadly will be too hot here to render with the CPU, Octane even is pushing it with my box fan full blast on the open side and metaball particles Carrara render only

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

looks pretty heart

sadly will be too hot here to render with the CPU, Octane even is pushing it with my box fan full blast on the open side and metaball particles Carrara render only

ah thanks Wendy - we have a southerly -i t's almost freezing :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Thank you for the tips.  Meatballs are under-utilized.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,798

Very cool. Could metaballs also be used for a landslide/mudslide ?

Thanks Diomede et Bunyip02 :)

Mudslide sounds like a goer :)

edited December 2018

Hi Bunyip02 you got me thinking. Here are three meatball replicators (all with different characteristics)  dumped on a Carrara terrain - then the terrain made invisable - looks like lots of possibilities

the shader is a combination of terrain shaders mixed up in a multichannel shader - the different sized metaballs give a feeling of texture 

Doc4notrrain.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Headwax on

Very cool. Could metaballs also be used for a landslide/mudslide ?

Hi Bunyip02 you got me thinking. Here are three meatball replicators (all with different characteristics)  dumped on a Carrara terrain - then the terrain made invisable - looks like lots of possibilities

the shader is a combination of terrain shaders mixed up in a multichannel shader - the different sized metaballs give a feeling of texture 

Looks very promising !

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,819

I missed this meatball post....

thanks headwax, will experiment with your file... for a snow scene... possibly with a car in it  smiley

Makes good lava bombs as well !

great looking forward to snowed in car :)

and lava bombs!