[Updated] Chimpanzee for Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

Comments

• Thank you very much I am very happy to hear you guys liked it.

• alienarea said:

Don't we all want a Gorilla that can be sized up for Kong?

Would be nice.

In fact, I watched the 1933 King Kong (remastered) again, just last night. Amazing what effects they managed with the equipment they had back then. Of course, someone would have to make G8 versions of Fay Wray, Robert Armstrong, and Bruce Cabot, to keep Kong company...

actually AM has made and released a Gorilla for G8M sold it to Daz as a DO product months ago they just still have not released for some reason

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    alienarea said:

Would be nice.

In fact, I watched the 1933 King Kong (remastered) again, just last night. Amazing what effects they managed with the equipment they had back then. Of course, someone would have to make G8 versions of Fay Wray, Robert Armstrong, and Bruce Cabot, to keep Kong company...

actually AM has made and released a Gorilla for G8M sold it to Daz as a DO product months ago they just still have not released for some reason

Really? Let me take a wild guess: Daz is saving it for a themed promotion, perhaps?

• alienarea said:

Would be nice.

Really? Let me take a wild guess: Daz is saving it for a themed promotion, perhaps?

anyone's guess AM thought maybe Christmas but that's gone maybe some sort of creature theme coming up with stuff from several creators maybe a creature bundle that'd be good but still wish it was released by now

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

March Madness?

• JOdel said:

March Madness?

that could actually be a posibility they could do a monkeying around march madness joke then

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    edited February 2019

I was wondering if there's a fix yet for the duplicate ID error, or if not, what I need to change in head_ChimpanzeeAM-CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n30.dsf (which seems to be the cause of the problem) to fix it?

This is what I'm getting in the log file:

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5970): Duplicate formula found linking ChimpanzeeAM-CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n30 & XRotate in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/Alessandro_AM/Chimpanzee 8/head_ChimpanzeeAM-CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n30.dsf.

Post edited by Nath on
    edited February 2019

Poor George did not do well in his screen debut as Tarzan, but he went on to do comedy.

GeorgeOfTheJungle.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by frankrblow on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

The chimp REALLY is a masterwork, Alessandro.

Any possibility of a gorilla being done? :)

• RKane_1 said:

The chimp REALLY is a masterwork, Alessandro.

Any possibility of a gorilla being done? :)

he's done one was around July last year also included a baby, Daz bought it just taking a their time releasing it maybe it'll come out for March Madness

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562

Just picked up the chimp today. Such lovely work!

Like @Nath, I am wondering if a fix is in the works for the duplicate ID error?

Duplicate formula found linking ChimpanzeeAM-CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n30 & XRotate in D:/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/Alessandro_AM/Chimpanzee 8/head_ChimpanzeeAM-CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n30.dsf.

• Just picked up the chimp today. Such lovely work!

Duplicate formula found linking ChimpanzeeAM-CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n30 & XRotate in D:/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/Alessandro_AM/Chimpanzee 8/head_ChimpanzeeAM-CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n30.dsf.

Hello, no fixes ATM, sorry about that. I was told that more than an error is a warning about a conflict that may happen in conjunction with other products installed (it doesn't happen for all users). One of these days I should probably delete that property and replace it with another JCM.

I suspect for me it is duplicating a JCM included with Deepsea's King George (head_CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n30.dsf). I may tinker around and see if I can edit the chimp's so they don't conflict.

Excited to read an orangutan is in the works, too. :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited March 2019

I finally had a chance to render him, he is gorgeous!

A CONVERSATION BETWEEN FRIENDS.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • QuasarQuasar Posts: 574

Hello, no fixes ATM, sorry about that. I was told that more than an error is a warning about a conflict that may happen in conjunction with other products installed (it doesn't happen for all users). One of these days I should probably delete that property and replace it with another JCM.

Well shoot. I just got the Chimp, and I also get the "Duplicate formulas found in files." message when I load any G8 male figure now. Thanks for creating him though. He looks awesome. I even grabbed the catalyzer so I can render him in Iray. It would be cool to see a female (or female morph), especially if you create a baby chimp, but I get it if it isn't worth it. 

• with this one in the first version I was using the catalyzer version of the chimp, increased his size to work with the trex and studio crashed, tryed several times to reload the project and it kept crashing. Recreated the scene using LAMH version of the chimp and it didn't crash. Another project I did beforehand was a fairy and squiral resized the catalyzer version of the squiral same thing reported it a cs asked me to try and recreate it from scratch managed to get a render but after that kept crashing so I think there is a problem with catalyzer in that it does not like it when you enlarge an animal but the alternative is reducing the size of everything else to match which is bit harder to get right.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/758246

Angelreaper, you can resize the animal larger to fit, then resize the whole scene smaller before saving. (Make the scene a new Group, then resize). If that doesn't stop the crashes, split the scene into two or more groups before saving.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

Hey, this "warning" is very cirtical for me (happens if this product and king georgy is installed at the same time). I have currently as a workaround Chimpanzee not installed, because of this.

As soon as I've install both I get this warning with EVERY G8M figure, which makes it impossible to use my batch render plugin, if one G8M figure is in the secene, because every time a scene is loaded this warning occures and the batch renderer contiunes only if I lick on this message... which makes the batch renderer useless.

Please fix this issue ASAP.

Thank you

• James47James47 Posts: 24

Happens to me also... VERY annoying

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574
    gerster said:

Hey, this "warning" is very cirtical for me (happens if this product and king georgy is installed at the same time). I have currently as a workaround Chimpanzee not installed, because of this.

As soon as I've install both I get this warning with EVERY G8M figure, which makes it impossible to use my batch render plugin, if one G8M figure is in the secene, because every time a scene is loaded this warning occures and the batch renderer contiunes only if I lick on this message... which makes the batch renderer useless.

Please fix this issue ASAP.

Thank you

I also have King George. I removed King George and the problem stopped. So, for whatever reason, King George and the Chimpanzee conflict with each other. I'm going to let DAZ know as well.

• Angelreaper, you can resize the animal larger to fit, then resize the whole scene smaller before saving. (Make the scene a new Group, then resize). If that doesn't stop the crashes, split the scene into two or more groups before saving.

thanks so far it only seems to happen when I enlarge catalyzer versions of the animals so yeah probably only way is to go opposite and shrink everything else if I want it to appear the animals are larger or same size as humanoid or other characters though that can be a lot considering many scenes I do use a lot of content

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

I have this problem as well, with Chimpanzee and King George. I'll uninstall Chimpanzee (at the moment).

Uninstalling chimpanzee has removed the problem for me - but I would like to be ablt to use chimpanzee!

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308

I get the error too, but if I load the chimpanzee model DAZ will crash before I even start posing or setting up the scene, but not immediately upon loading. I'm really looking forward to rendering this beauty, but right now it is kicking my butt. #SadMonkey

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

So this isn’t really a solution but I’ve found if I delete the file “head_ChimpanzeeAM-CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n30.dsf, he still loads and seems to pose fine but there is no duplicate file error anymore

• ACueACue Posts: 114

Here's my latest image, with Alessandro's great chimp. Was not sure how to create the smaller chimp, so I used Zev0's Growing Up for G8M to create the baby chip. It's fun working with this great resource.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/775791/

friends_full.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 384K
  • that's cute ACue

• Thanks for all these awesome renders you guys are able to make, stay tuned... more monkeys/primates to come...

Thanks for the fix to this amazing character. No longer getting dupicate errors and I'm looking forward to the next round of monkeys/primates.

How did you get rid of the duplicate errors: I uninstalled, haven't reinstalled?