Anastasia and Wardrobe wizard

namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Anyone got wardrobe wizard to work with Anastacia?

I was trying to get it to convert an Alyson clothing to Anastasia. It converts fairly well to Alyson 2, but when I turn on the Anastasia morph the outfit transforms into a hideous mess.

Turned off her collars to remove the nipples poking through.

Dressmess.jpg
800 x 600 - 127K

Comments

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited December 1969

In my experience with WW and XD3 some clothing just does not work.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    pwiecek said:

I have had quite a bit of success. Which Alyson item are you trying to convert?

Its a general statement.

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    pwiecek said:
    ssgbryan said:
    pwiecek said:

I have had quite a bit of success. Which Alyson item are you trying to convert?

Its a general statement.

Sorry, I put my question to the wrong person.

Namrettek, what piece of clothing are you trying to convert?

It was both a general and a specific question - I wasn't very clear.

I tried several different Poser 9 included Alyson items.

The one I did the most work with (and as seen in the horrible picture) was the Alyson Leotard (the same one used in the webinar about using the wardrobe wizard).

I couldn't get any of the poser clothing items (alyson or alyson 2) to look even halfway decent on Anastacia.

Does one have to buy the Anastasia extra figure from Philc.net to get the Anastacia morphs to work?

I wanted to see how well it worked before I shelled out some cash for the V4 figure transfer (which is the main one I would want since I have so much V4 clothing) and I would mostly want to transfer to Anastacia.

edited December 1969

You have shown that it can be done. Thanks.

Nice group of Star Wars figures (heheheh Just Kidding I recognize Battle star galactica when I see it - ok that was just mean). Very nice work on your Star Trek figures!

I included a test I did of Alyson to Alyson 2 using the Alsyson Jacket - oh boy is it messed up when I pose it.

Did you have any weird distortions from your V4 to Anastasia figure?

I'm thinking maybe these basic poser clothes are not very good meshes (but perhaps I am wrong).

What I am trying to say - Will I get better results using Daz clothing (in your experience)? Because if there is a lot of massaging and reworking for every outfit (more than the usual for poke through etc on nearly every conforming outfit) I am better off just using V4 as I have so many clothes for her.

I already bought the Anastasia figure (which is great) but I don't need to shell out 20 more dollars just to have clothes that sort of fit. At leasst not until I get better at using Poser.

AlysontestDaz.png
    1055 x 942 - 432K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

The right sleeve looks as if just needs the falloff spheres tweaking - there are a couple of vertices that should be within the inner mat sophere but aren't and so get left behind. I can't quite figure out what's happening on the left, but it may be the same sort of issue. You can fairly easily scale the inner mat sphere up a shade with the Joint editor panel in Poser.

edited December 1969

After 20 minutes of playing around (and looking through the manual - Yes there IS a manual!) I kind of sort of know what you are talking about.

It's a little confusing as to which part I am selecting and which capsule I am supposed to scale.

I did however mange to remove the ugly spikes. I think I caused some other problems...

One of the capsules - for up down was completely over outside of her body. After I lined that up to her body the spike disapeared but her shoulder looks a little weird. But that may be because I scaled a bunch of capsules before I really figured out that were capsules for Alyson 2 and capsules for the jacket.

So - which capsules should I scale? for both (alyson 2 and jacket) or just the jacket?

thanks guys for your help. I'm actually learning some things despite my efforts not to.

edited December 1969

I think I answered my own question.

I tried the left shoulder - and only did the jacket capsules and that seemed to work.

It seems it was actually the shoulders that were messed up. The capsule were hanging out in space. I translated them over the jacket and reshaped them.

Does that make sense?

Jacketfix.png
    1055 x 942 - 310K