Is it possible to trigger "Bake To Studio Keyframes" from Animate via script [Solved]

V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,059

I'm trying to activate the "Bake to Studio Keyframes" from the pluggin animate 2 (and I think animate lite), via a script, and I totally fail. On animate 2, when I do it manually, I have to right click in the Animate2 Tab of theAnimate2 pane to access "Bake to Studio Keyframes".

First I tried to reach this action by script through the Pane manager, I easily grabbed the pane using : var oAnimatePane = App.getInterface().getPaneMgr().findPane("aniMate") but once I am in there, I don't find in the debugger any command which could help me getting closer to the action of baking to keyframes. I tried getOptionsMenu, but of course this does not give me an access to what I want (which is only accessible via a right click in the "Animate2" tab of the pane, and not in the menu of the pane). 

Second I had a look at the loooong list of Daz Studio Actions, but did not find anything in this list which seems to do what I want (filtered search with "time", or "key", or "bake" terms). It can be logical because it is not really a Daz Studio action since it is a pluggin action. 

This is why my question is that, knowing that I cannot access it via the menu of the pane or via the existing Daz Studio Actions (except if I missed something), do you think that this action be triggered by a script ?

Thanks if you have any opinions or tips about that!

Post edited by V3Digitimes on

Comments

• Any plug-in has only those methods exposed to scripting that the developer chose to expose, so it's quite possible that the AniMate stuff is locked away and not accessible. If you can access it as actual vales at frame n (or time t) then you could write your own baking procedure.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,059

Any plug-in has only those methods exposed to scripting that the developer chose to expose, so it's quite possible that the AniMate stuff is locked away and not accessible. If you can access it as actual vales at frame n (or time t) then you could write your own baking procedure.

Thanks! Good idea, I'll have a look at what it is possible to do. I fear it won't turn very well from what I tested these last days, but I did not tried to catch the values so far...

• Rob confirms that the Bake to Studio Keyframes command is not exposed to scripting directly or as an action that could be triggered by a script or button.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,059

Thank you Richard - and Rob - to confirm this. I'll set it as "solved" in the title.