Dust Rider's "almost art" stuff

2»

Comments

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    DustRider said:

I've been way too busy in RL, so I thought I'd post a fun image I did a while back that's not in any of my galleries.

Image title: Troll Hunter

She has a very confident look on her face!  Love the signs and the lighting is really beautiful

Thanks! I can't take any credit for the background, it's an image/photo that I grabbed off pixabay and put on a plane primitive for the background. II just had to make my lighting be a believable match the photos lighting.

edited February 2021

In a foreign world, Danae takes a brief moment to pose for a photo to send home, before going back on patrol.

I did this image just messing around with some new stuff I picked up on sale a few weeks back to take a break from RL that has been very demanding lately. Rendered in DAZ Studio (4.11.x Beta) using Iray, the background image was from Pixabay. The images were composited with minor post processing in Gimp. The character is based on Danae for G8F from DAZ, with a lot of additional morphs and customized shaders (using the textures that come with Danae). It is lit with the default Iray HDRI and one spot light (rim light). This is quite a bit different than my normal fantasy or sci-fi type renders, but I really wanted to use the vehicle I picked up with a coupon from DAZ (Light Armored Vehicle), and the the Sci-Fi Pilot outfit (from DAZ), so this is what I came up with. The outfit and the vehicle are pretty much "straight out of the box", with only very minor shader adjustments.

Image Title: Down Time (Gallery Link)

Post edited by DustRider on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

You did an amazing job on this render omg!!!

She is is stunningly beautiful even though she is in uniform!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    DustRider said:
    DustRider said:

I've been way too busy in RL, so I thought I'd post a fun image I did a while back that's not in any of my galleries.

She has a very confident look on her face!  Love the signs and the lighting is really beautiful

Thanks! I can't take any credit for the background, it's an image/photo that I grabbed off pixabay and put on a plane primitive for the background. II just had to make my lighting be a believable match the photos lighting.

ya, that's not always easy and you did a great job!

DustRider said:

In a foreign world, Danae takes a brief moment to pose for a photo to send home, before going back on patrol.

I did this image just messing around with some new stuff I picked up on sale a few weeks back to take a break from RL that has been very demanding lately. Rendered in DAZ Studio (4.11.x Beta) using Iray, the background image was from Pixabay. The images were composited with minor post processing in Gimp. The character is based on Danae for G8F from DAZ, with a lot of additional morphs and customized shaders (using the textures that come with Danae). It is lit with the default Iray HDRI and one spot light (rim light). This is quite a bit different than my normal fantasy or sci-fi type renders, but I really wanted to use the vehicle I picked up with a coupon from DAZ (Light Armored Vehicle), and the the Sci-Fi Pilot outfit (from DAZ), so this is what I came up with. The outfit and the vehicle are pretty much "straight out of the box", with only very minor shader adjustments.

This is awesome!

You did an amazing job on this render omg!!!

She is is stunningly beautiful even though she is in uniform!

Thanks so much!!

edited February 2021
    DustRider said:
    DustRider said:

DustRider said:

This is awesome!

Thanks!!

I also wanted to thank both of you (Saphirewild and Sonja) again for your kind comments on Troll Hunter. Your encouragement gave me the incentive to re-visit it, add in DOF and render it at a larger resolution. I posted the new image in my gallery at DA, and may also post it to my gallery here later.

Thanks again!!

I seen it over there and wow it looks even better now! wink

Just went over and had a look, looks great!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083
    DustRider said:

I'm afraid that I can't stop myself from feeding the trolls.  sad

Beautiful render!

DustRider said:
    DustRider said:

DustRider said:

This is awesome!

+1

Lol

edited February 2021

Haven't had any time to do any 3D "art" lately. I'm in a minor break (about a week) before things get way too busy again. So I thought I'd relax and do a render or two. This wasn't what I had in mind when I started, but I like the way it turned out. It was going to by one of those images with lightning hitting a sword held stretched high above the figure, but one thing led to another, and away from my original idea.

The back story here to fit the theme is the advantage, or power, that high ground would give the warrior. So not only is she a powerful warrior, but she also knows how to outwit an opponent to get the advantage as well.

The base figure/textures are Gwennili for G3F from DAZ with a lot of additional morphs and shader tweaks (to improve color and sss). The lighting is the default DS HDRI rotated to get a good lighting angle with a couple of sectional planes to let light into the canyon environment. the image was rendered using Iray in DS 4.11x. Postwork was limited to adjusting levels, adding an unsharp mask layer, and adding the signature.

Turns out that comments over at DA, she looks more like she is falling of the rock than jumping. I think that's an excellent example of how the the intention of the creator can easily be interpreted as something else by the viewer (and that I may need to redo the image in the future).

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Image Title: High Ground (Gallery Link)

edited February 2021

I had time to get one more render done. This is a cropped version on I posted at DA, but I really like this version so I thought I'd post it here (original is NSFW).

The character is loosely based on Chameleon Rose from Rendo. I added a lot of additional morphs, to the point that it's really hard to see the original character, but she is there (especially the fine subtle details, just the general shape has changed). She also uses the skin from Chameleon Rose, with several shader tweaks. The lighting is the default DS HDRI with a couple of spotlight added. The image was rendered using in DS using Iray, with minor adjustment of levels and a bit of unsharp mask using Gimp.

Image Title: Green Eyes (Gallery Link)

DustRider said:

Haven't had any time to do any 3D "art" lately. I'm in a minor break (about a week) before things get way too busy again. So I thought I'd relax and do a render or two. This wasn't what I had in mind when I started, but I like the way it turned out. It was going to by one of those images with lightning hitting a sword held stretched high above the figure, but one thing led to another, and away from my original idea.

The back story here to fit the theme is the advantage, or power, that high ground would give the warrior. So not only is she a powerful warrior, but she also knows how to outwit an opponent to get the advantage as well.

The base figure/textures are Gwennili for G3F from DAZ with a lot of additional morphs and shader tweaks (to improve color and sss). The lighting is the default DS HDRI rotated to get a good lighting angle with a couple of sectional planes to let light into the canyon environment. the image was rendered using Iray in DS 4.11x. Postwork was limited to adjusting levels, adding an unsharp mask layer, and adding the signature.

Turns out that comments over at DA, she looks more like she is falling of the rock than jumping. I think that's an excellent example of how the the intention of the creator can easily be interpreted as something else by the viewer (and that I may need to redo the image in the future).

I really like this one.  I can tell you why people are saying it looks like she is falling.  Usually, when one jumps, our bodies go up before they go out, even when we are jumping out.  she isn't far enough away from the rocks to have gone up first (if that makes any sense at all).  Overall though its a very well done image, great lighting.

edited February 2021
    DustRider said:

I really like this one.  I can tell you why people are saying it looks like she is falling.  Usually, when one jumps, our bodies go up before they go out, even when we are jumping out.  she isn't far enough away from the rocks to have gone up first (if that makes any sense at all).  Overall though its a very well done image, great lighting.

Thanks!!

I thought of that too, but I wanted to have her look more like she was jumping out from the edge, not up. But obviously if it needs expaining, it's a bit of a fail surprise.

edited February 2021

"Danae is surprised when her mentor shows up in her den unannounced. But she is even more surprised to find out that her trusted mentor is in fact her enemy, sent to ensure that this gifted young student never completes her training. However, as her mentor is about to find out, Danae's is already much more powerful than expected."

I did this during another very brief bit of free time about a week ago, and did this to relax a bit. The only post work was to adjust levels a bit, and and a touch of unsharp mask, and add the sig (all in Gimp) all of the FX were rendered using Iray. The only light source is the default HDRI for Iray in DS, plus the tourch lights in the scene (modified to the proper intensity) and the "spell" prop (which is an old prop with 3Delight shaders that I converted to Iray shaders and modified to get the proper effect). The base figure and texture set is Danae for G8F with a lot of custom morphs and shader tweaking. Most of the outfit is Y'vas for Aeon Soul - I really love their stuff, I only did very very minor shader/materials tweaking (just to adjust colors - their shaders are always awesome). I also used two SY Fast Fog plane props for a touch of fog/smoke in the scene (cutout opacity turned way down). I was going to add a couple of rim lights, but I really liked the way the lighting looked without them, so no other light were added (though they probably would have improved the image quite a bit).

The image was rendered DAZ Studio Beta V4.11.0.382 using Iray.

Thanks for stopping by!!!!

Image Title: This ends .... now! (gallery link)

Great image.  I like the way you used the fog plane.  Not overdone.  It seems to adds some depth in addition to the smoke effect.

Great image.  I like the way you used the fog plane.  Not overdone.  It seems to adds some depth in addition to the smoke effect.

A very belated thanks Diomede!

edited February 2021

Things have temporarily settled down a bit (at least for a handful of days), so I'm trying to catch up a bit.

"Sahel is both looking forward to, and a bit nervous about, moving on. We all have to move forward in life, and sometimes that means leaving the comfort of where we currently are."

I finally got a chance to use a couple of new products, and I'm really happy with how the image came together. Sahel (with a bunch of additional morphs) from bluejaunte (awesome), and Fancy Punk from zoro_d at Rendo (what an amazing set from zoro_d!!). Everything was rendered in DS 4.12x Beta with Iray using only the default HDRI for lighting. I also added a fog plane (Fast Fog Iray) for very light ground fog. The only post work was a minor adjustment of levels and the signature (wish I was better at post work).

Image Title: Moving On ...   (gallery link)

DustRider said:

Things have temporarily settled down a bit (at least for a handful of days), so I'm trying to catch up a bit.

"Sahel is both looking forward to, and a bit nervous about, moving on. We all have to move forward in life, and sometimes that means leaving the comfort of where we currently are."

I finally got a chance to use a couple of new products, and I'm really happy with how the image came together. Sahel (with a bunch of additional morphs) from bluejaunte (awesome), and Fancy Punk from zoro_d at Rendo (what an amazing set from zoro_d!!). Everything was rendered in DS 4.12x Beta with Iray using only the default HDRI for lighting. I also added a fog plane (Fast Fog Iray) for very light ground fog. The only post work was a minor adjustment of levels and the signature (wish I was better at post work).

OMG what an amazing render with Raysee!!

• great renders here @DustRider

edited February 2021
    DustRider said:

OMG what an amazing render with Raysee!!

Thanks so much! Unfortunately it's not Raysee, it's Sahel for G8F. Though after you mentioned it, she sure does look a lot like Raysee. Now I might have to to an image with Raysee just to see how she looks in Iray.

great renders here @DustRider

Thanks!!

Welll, I decided I'd better fix the image/gallery links as best I could, and start to update things a bit (it's been a REALLY rough year). So here is my most recent DAZ gallery image.

Just messing around with some new stuff my wife "got for me" for my birthday, so I thought I'd do a "quick" pinup.

The base character is Brianne from Renderosity, with some changes to the shaders and several morphs to make her a bit more curvy, and to modify her face just a bit (reduced the angularity). I really like the default character, but I think she is even better with the modifications I made (hope you like her too the Got the outfit at the same time (Rendo), and modified the color. The hair is dynamic cloth hair - Classic Long Curly hair by Linday. I really like drape result I can get with this hair, so much better than using morphs with static hair. The lighting is a bit more complex than I normally do. I used bokeh HDRI (the background) two large box lights, two smaller box fill lights, one reflector, and one small light focused on her face (helping the eye reflections).

The post-work was done in Gimp, I adjusted levels, added a bit of unsharp mask, and enhanced the lighting some. The image was setup and rendered in the DS 4.14 Beta using Iray.

Thanks for stopping by - please zoom to full resolution to see the beautiful details!!

Image Title: Brianne (Gellery Link)

After trying to come up with a catchy title, I finally just looked at the image and asked myself "What is she saying to me?", and the first thing in my mind was confidence .... so that's how I finally got a title.

The Image was rendered in DAZ Studio 4.12 Beta using Iray, Minor post work with Gimp. Thanks for stopping by!!!

Image Title: Confidence (Gallery Link)

edited February 2021

During her travels, Sahel realizes so people prefer to play with more than the 52 cards in the deck. Note: Please zoom in to see all the deatails.

This image was done for a contest at Renderosity a while backe (nope... didn't win, place, or show :) ). I thought someone here might enjoy it anyway.

The lighting is a bit more complex for this image. The sky HDRI is providing some ambient lighting, but most of the lighting is coming from 5 spotlights, and the two sconce lights. and one low intensity overhead mesh light. I used two spot lights near the sconces to provide more light than the mesh lights could provide without blowing them out in the image. The other spotlights were used for rim lights and that main light. Except for the outfit (and trunk), virtually everything else in the scene is using customized shaders. I needed to add bump maps to the walls, floors, chairs, table, and adjust the glossy/roughness values to my liking. The gun was perfect except for the stock, which needed a bit more shine. and finally, IIRC the "whiskey" was just darkened a bit. The only post work was the signature, and a slight adjustment to levels, and a bit of unsharp mask. For the figure I used Sahel from DAZ3D and modified/morphed her for the look I wanted, and the outfit is the FancyPunk dynamic cloth outfit from Renderosity (dynamic cloth takes a bit more work, but I think it's well worth it).

Thanks in advance for any comments and for stopping by.

Image Title How Mwny Aces ....?? (Gallery Link)

This render is all about impractical outfits, and having a bit of fun with them. The setup is pretty simple. The lighting is the default HDRi with 2 Iray sectional planes to let the light into the scene, plus the lights in the scene (adjusted for intensity).

Image Title: Are those real ... umm ... I mean your outfit ... (Gallery Link)

Thought I should probably add a couple of more recent images to the thread.

The first one is a few months old, but I really liked the results. The second if my entry to the Sword and Sorcery contest. There is more info for both in my gallery. Thanks for stopping by.

Image Title: Strength (Gallery Link)

Image Title: Take Heed - The Shadows Listen (Gallery Link)