Bradley Switzer for contest entry- The Grief of Loss

He lost his husband or lover in the war, and now he is grieving over the lingering memories of his man.

Grief_of_Loss(2).jpg
1333 x 2000 - 1M

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Needs to be POSTED to the CONTEST thread, Not the WIP thread.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

Let me add that I think it's awesome you did a theme like this.
    It's always great to see people who dare to think out of the box!

• paulg625paulg625 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Brady,

you may have posted in the wrong place .... but it is still a cool pic dude.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Wonderful image.

• TobiasGTobiasG Posts: 447
    edited December 1969

I like it too, but let me nonetheless add some hopefully constructive criticism :)

One, the render is much too large for the contest. It'd be a shame if you submit it, and it falls through just because the size is wrong.

Second, I think that the pose looks a bit unstable - sitting on the balls of your feet this way would make it easy to fall over. But that's a minor quibble, really, not a huge issue.

edited December 1969

TobiasG said:
    I like it too, but let me nonetheless add some hopefully constructive criticism :)

One, the render is much too large for the contest. It'd be a shame if you submit it, and it falls through just because the size is wrong.

Second, I think that the pose looks a bit unstable - sitting on the balls of your feet this way would make it easy to fall over. But that's a minor quibble, really, not a huge issue.

Too large? What contest are we talking about?

• TobiasGTobiasG Posts: 447
    edited December 1969

Well, if this is supposed to go in any of the New User Contests, it's over 800 pix.

edited December 1969

Aha, I was thinking about the wrong contest. Didn't know the new user contest had a pixel max to it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes as it is designed for those who are getting to grips with New software, we try to keep things on as even a footing as we can.

• paulg625paulg625 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

TobiasG said:

I think the falling over is on purpose. I think he was falling over its the spirit that is holding him up.