mr and mrs klaus

Hi - I purchased the above wardrobe, as well as the Santa Lucia crown today.  I have the prerequisites - Genesis 3 figures, as well as the required Winter Fantasy.  For some reason, I'm not finding either of these items anywhere.  I uninstalled and reinstalled, but they're still not there.  Thoughts?

Comments

• alisa53alisa53 Posts: 157

I downloaded manually and they seem to be in my files.  Thanks, all.

Currently I have content in my library that is not showing up appropriately and will not load into the scene.  For example, I have the Mr and Mrs Claus wardrobe and the Genesis 3 people - what I need.  I can see the clothing, but it will not load on the Genesis 3 character.  I'm having the same problem with other wardrobe and other accessories.  If I try to "filter by context," these items don't even show up as wardrobe for the characters they go with.  Nothing is really responding.  I've rebooted.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  I'm just stumped.  I had to manually download the Mr and Mrs Claus - but other wardrobe that I downloaded with DAZ IM also is not loading properly.  This is pretty frustrating, as you can imagine.  I've been working at it for two hours now.  Would appreciate any help you might give.  I'm just lost.  One question:  I use DAZ on my laptop.  I downloaded it yesterday to my desktop as well.  I can't imagine that would mess things up - seems like all content would be discoverable.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200

It sounds like you might have DIM configured to install to a different location than where your Daz Stuio is looking for content. If you need more help, post screenshots of your DIM installation settings and the Daz Studio Content Directory Manager settings.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,160

Mr and Mrs Klaus is a texture set for https://www.daz3d.com/victorian-santa-for-genesis-3-males and https://www.daz3d.com/winter-fantasy-for-genesis-3-females - do you have these items installed?

If so, then you need to load these onto your G3M and/or G3F figures first. Then you need to select each of the clothing items in turn in the scene and the Mr and Mrs Klaus texture set should show up in Smart Content as compatible with that clothing item not the G3F/M figure itself.

So for Mr Klaus you need to load the Victorian Santa outfit, then select the coat and add the Mr Klaus material, select the pants and add the Mr Klaus material, etc

For Mrs Klaus you need to load the Winter Fantasy outfit, then select the dress and add the Mrs Klaus material, select the scarf and add the Mrs Klaus material, etc.

edited December 2018

Reading your post again, it sounds as if you may have more fundamental problems - are you sure that DIM is installing products to the same place DAZ Studio is looking for them?

ETA: I just noticed you have another thread where barbult is helping you with exactly this - I'm sure she'll be able to sort out your problem if it is a file location mismatch.

Post edited by MelanieL on

Yes, I do have those installed.  However, I don't see the winter fantasy for genesis 3 females showing up as a compatible wardrobe with genesis 3.  I'll double check and make sure they have not gone missing somehow.  Thanks.  That helps.  I can work on it.

• Merged the two threads.

Thanks for your help... worked great!

05633BB7-1CCE-4737-B33E-8993F09410A4.jpeg
    2838 x 2160 - 960K

Oh that's really nice - I love that arty cracked-varnish style!

Glad you got things working.