Is it possible to make genesis 8 work with a morph that alters the default pose?

Is there a way to permanently change the default pose of geneis 8 or adjust geneis 8 to work with a pose thats different from default.
If I have morph that changes the default pose such as straightning the legs and moving the angle of the arms a bit, as well as alter the default hand pose. Is it possible to make genesis 8 adjust to the new pose, in the past when I tried it with geneis 3 the morphs would complete break model because the arms where at a completly different angle than default. I couldn't figure a way of making genesis adjust with the new pose, it would look as if it changed pose but even with the arms at a different angle and the bones at a different angle, but they would still be at the default zero positio. So I'm wondering if this is possilbe at all. 

Comments

• What are you trying to achieve? How are you adjusting?

• This was with geneis 3 (not 8), so I created a morph that changed the arms into an A pose. I adjusted the rigging to shape and did an ERC freeze, but looking at the tranfermations of the character all the bones where at zero and had not adjusted to the new pose from the morph. So the arm is a 45 degree angle or so (including the rig) but the bones were at zero and not the 45 or so from the pose and rig. I couldn't find a way baking the bone transfermations to adjust shape of the rig, unless i'm missing something.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Why did you use a morph and not adjust the pose?

And, what Richard said: what are you trying to achieve?

• Yes, but why are you wanting to do this - that may make a diffrence to the best answer.

• The end goal is to have full character morph, it wouldn't be so difficult if I was just morphing the default pose of the character (were I would just export the genesis at base rez and sculpt my changes and bring it back as a morph, but the creation of the morph means that certain areas such as the arms, hands and legs will not be the same as the default pose. Since the morph is a model genesis 8 wrapped over a sculpt with a different pose then genesis 8 I can't just pose it into place. Like I said I tried it with genesis 3 and it the rig adjusted to the morphs new pose  but didn't change the transformation value, so all the JCMs and such were broken.

• Hawk_3DHawk_3D Posts: 6
    edited December 2018

This an example of a test with genesis 3 but I hope a solution would alos work with gen 8. This example was using a using a morph which that had a the arms in an A pose which I imported. As you see in the image the limits and JCMs still think it's in a T pose and will go past untill it hits it limit. As fat as I know I can't find a way of baking the JCM and limits to fit the new pose. The arms of the morph was in an A pose, then I adjusted rigging to the shape which also put the bones of the arms in an A pose and did a ERC freeze on the morph. I did not do any manual posing of the bones.

Post edited by Hawk_3D on
  • So you are trying to convert poses through this?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited December 2018

Pose G8 in the pose you want.

Save the pose somewhere convenient.

Export (keep the pose on the G8 figure that you exported.)

Do your sculpt

Import the morph > Set Reverse Deformations to True; under the Reverse devormations there is an option to set a pose too - set the pose you saved somewhere convenient.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • nicstt said:

Pose G8 in the pose you want.

Save the pose somewhere convenient.

Export (keep the pose on the G8 figure that you exported.)

Do your sculpt

Import the morph > Set Reverse Deformations to True; under the Reverse devormations there is an option to set a pose too - set the pose you saved somewhere convenient.

It works but needs work!!

So I tried you're method and I managed to get it to work but having to change a few things.

To use the Reverse Deformations for pose, I have to pose Genesis to match my sculpt. So I have to import my sculpt on Genesis then I can use another figure to pose to the sculpt. Then it works. 
    So most of the work is matching the pose to my sculpt. It fixed the issues with limits and JCMs

In this image I bended the arm all the way down and the limits kept it from going into it's torso (compared to the image above. This was using genesis 3 but would with gen 8.

• Don't sculpt the main movements, just aply the pose, export to the modeller, add the extra details you want, load as a moprh on the posed figure with Reverse Deformations.

• Don't sculpt the main movements, just aply the pose, export to the modeller, add the extra details you want, load as a moprh on the posed figure with Reverse Deformations.

Well the problem is I'm working with sculpts that have a slightly different default A pose than Gen 8's default pose, the difference being straightend legs like Gen 3's and arms angled a bit differently than Gen 8's.
    From my limited testing it seamed to be good enough (for my needs at least), pose worked well, limits worked and JCMs and if I spent more time matching the pose to my sculpt for reverse deformations, it might help it a bit better. It reversed the pose derformations good enough as if I exported the model in that pose.

The main things is that it works, the test above was with Gen 3 (before I've moved to 8) and managed to get a full body morph using Gen 3 with the arms in an A pose. So It sould work better with Gen 8 since it's already in a A  pose just wiggled aroudn a bit.

Thanks for the help. yes

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,784
    edited December 2018

I sort of did this creating my iClone character creator clone for genesis 3

what I did was baked the rotations on my Genesis 3 to match it before applying the morph and running erc then rotated the arms back and exported that obj and repeated the process

the clone itself was made with a mixture of posing, scaling, softselection and vertex moving and shrinkwrap in Carrara and Blender

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on