Daz Studio 4.10(64-bit) Works 1 time then freezes (Reward Offered)

I will send you a 3D printed bust of the new inmoov face I am develping if you can permantely solve my problem.

I worked with Daz support for over 2 months. It was a rediculous experience. Ever week they would ask me to do another random thing to fix my issue. It never worked. 

Problem

I upload Daz Installer Manger. I open DazStudio 4.10. Everything works wonderfully. I am able to use the software. When I close the program and reopen it the program freezes. I can uninstall everything and I can use DazStudio again 1 time and when I close it and reopen it, it freezes. 

I run solidworks, simplify 3D, all video games on ultra on this MSI laptop. It is definately a software problem not the computer. Can you solve it?

My System.JPG
692 x 333 - 50K
Program not working.JPG
1916 x 1025 - 70K
3D print.JPG
1672 x 974 - 102K

Comments

• Note that the EULA wouldn't allow sharing the head print if it is made from Daz content.

Thank you for attaching that system specification, but knowing what GPU you are using woudl also be helpful - and in a situation like this the security software you are using is likely to be relevant. This is certainly an unusual behaviour, so it's unlikely anyone will be bale to offer a resolution without a considerable amount of diagnostic question-asking.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I can't help but I can tell you that Daz Studio should work just fine on an MSI laptop as that is what I use as well.   So its not the brand of laptop that's the problem.

• I had some freezing last week, it seemed to be related to an issue with my content drive (snce unplugging and reconnecting its cables I haven't had a repeat of the issue). Is it possible that something is causing drive access issues?

• Hello Richard,

Im running the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M.

I erases McAfee to get Daz Studio to work and I have been using Windows Defender. 

2.JPG
    965 x 652 - 73K
  • I am not a software guy. This is the first program I have had problems running on the PC. How would I diagnose drive access issues? 

• I can't help but I can tell you that Daz Studio should work just fine on an MSI laptop as that is what I use as well.   So its not the brand of laptop that's the problem.

Thank you IceDragonArt!

• How would I check that?

• Hello Richard,

Im running the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M.

I erases McAfee to get Daz Studio to work and I have been using Windows Defender. 

It may be worth updating your driver - that one is over a year old - but I doubt it's the root of your problem.

I am not a software guy. This is the first program I have had problems running on the PC. How would I diagnose drive access issues? 

Are you using the default locations for content? If so the files will all be on yoru C: drive, along with the OS, so drive issues seem fairly unlikely - however, if you have shunted things off to a secondary drive or an external drive there may be issues.

Have you, in the past, run DS or DIM "as adminsitrator" - that is right-clicked and selected Run as Administrator, not just run in the normal manner while using an admin account. That can cause problems.

• How would I check that?

Assuming you mean drive issues, again are you using the default paths or have you changed them?

• Ok Richard,

I hope they pay you good money at Daz. You did 100% what a trouble ticked could not fix in 2 months and you did it in 2 days!

The problem was the geforce driver. When ran a driver check via windows the computer stated "the best driver was installed." I went to the website and downloaded "Geforce Experience." I downloaded "GeForce Game Ready Driver" Version 417.35 release date 12/12/2018. The Daz Studio program worked!

I turned my competer off and on 4 times and Daz Studio loaded with no problems each time. 

I can't tell you how many hours I have spend (probaby over 48 hrs) trying to fix this issue. 

I have been wanting to use this program for a very very long time. Thank you for making this possible!

Now lets go buy some stuff!

Sincerly,

Rick