Grr... GoZ Problem

Hello!

I have no problem sending a file from DAZ to ZBrush using GoZ. However, when I click GoZ within Zbrush nothing happens. I can hit that button dozens of times (I have out of frustration), and nothing at all happens. I've checked the link to DAZ from the preferences in ZBrush and it's right. I just don't know why ZBrush is refusing to send the file back. 

Please help!

Thanks,

Jason

Comments

• If you ever find out, I'll be very interested. It has been so for me since the beginning. I'm on a Mac and thought it was Mac related.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited December 2018

This is, unfortunately, still a recuring problem. I had hoped that DAZ would have fixed it by now, but no.

As far as I understand, this issue results from a misunderstanding between DS and Zbrush as to where DS is actually located. Since this issue can pop up from time to time, I presume that a configuration file somewhere is getting corrupted, but that's just a guess.

The following approach works for me. Firstly, I redirect Zbrush to the correct copy of DS, as follows. In ZB select the Preferences pulldown menu, select GoZ, then select the button to update the path to DS; click on the appropriate option if you have more than one DS installed (the current beta version for example). Close ZB (probably good idea to close DS too). This normally works. If not then also do the following, Open DAZ Install Manager (DIM)..... an interesting acronym by the way... open the "Installed" pane and then search for DAZ Studio. Select and uninstall DS which will then appear in the Ready to Install pane. Reinstall DS.

I hope this works for you.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • This is, unfortunately, still a recuring problem. I had hoped that DAZ would have fixed it by now, but no.

As far as I understand, this issue results from a misunderstanding between DS and Zbrush as to where DS is actually located. Since this issue can pop up from time to time, I presume that a configuration file somewhere is getting corrupted, but that's just a guess.

The following approach works for me. Firstly, I redirect Zbrush to the correct copy of DS, as follows. In ZB select the Preferences pulldown menu, select GoZ, then select the button to update the path to DS; click on the appropriate option if you have more than one DS installed (the current beta version for example). Close ZB (probably good idea to close DS too). This normally works. If not then also do the following, Open DAZ Install Manager (DIM)..... an interesting acronym by the way... open the "Installed" pane and then search for DAZ Studio. Select and uninstall DS which will then appear in the Ready to Install pane. Reinstall DS.

I hope this works for you.

Yes, indeed. Its so DIMwits like myself can install content without the hassle of navigating through Daz's file architecture. =p

• Thanks for the advice! Reinstalling the GoZ via DIM worked.

Jason