Solved: uninstalling or deleting morphs i dont use

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,563
edited September 2013 in New Users

I have a question. I use daz 4.6.0.18 and would like to uninstall some morphs that come with various content. I don't want to uninstall the entire thing since some parts I will use... for example... I have manly men the morphs but never use the bodies only the heads. I realize I can hide the content in the shaping parameter tab, but I am trying to cut down on load times and would like to find these files and manually delete them, but I'm having trouble finding the locations where these shapes are stored. Can someone give me pointers of where genesis morphs might be located? Likewise I have characters like axel which install multiple heads and bodies when I intend to use only a couple in the set.

Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439
    edited December 1969

It's not a good idea to remove portions of a pack. Either remove them all or leave them. To many things depend on one another being there.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

If you want to experiment to see if it will work you can remove morphs by going to the Property Editor and selecting the morph. Right click on the morph and select remove properties and follow the prompts. I use this when I'm creating morphs for clothing if I'm not happy with a morph I've made.

I would highly recommend that when you save the file you save it under a new name so you don't damage the original file though. I'm not sure if you would find that the data files would resurrect the morphs when you reload the figure however...this doesn't happen with what I'm doing as I haven't saved the morph files as a shape.

Like Frank said this isn't recommended though...

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,563
    edited September 2013

I appreciate the cautionary advice! I found the files in question by studying the directory structure of the installers and manually deleted them from the directories where they were at.. I know you do not recommend this, But I did back up the directory first., so if I have problems I can put it back.

So far, so good. I got rid of hundreds of character morphs and body part and head shapes morphs. Boy daz is speedy once again. I went from a 20 second load time for genesis to 2 seconds, and files that took 7 minutes to load with all those morphs installed load now under a minute. I also uninstalled 30 morphs and character packages.

It was either surgery or give up daz. It was killing me with how slow it had become everytime daz would try to open a saved file. Since I'm using dim, I can always reinstall the characters and morph sets in question, and really, all I use from most characters are their skins. so having all those extra character parts weren't really doing me any good since I rarely 'em anyway.

Thanks again guys. I'll close this one out.

Post edited by Serene Night on