How do giftcards work?

I'm not sure how a giftcard works. Must I apply a gift card to a single purchase (that is, I must buy more than the value of a gift card in a single purchase) or can does it work like a credit that I can use for several different purchases until I reach the total value of the card?

Basically, since there's a sale on gift cards, I'm wondering if I should buy a single card for a large amount or several smaller gift cards

Comments

• Go for a large amount, it goes into your Store Credit and then you can buy as you want stuff until it is gone.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 1,924
    edited December 2018

Actually, what 3Ddreamer said is the way to do it, except you must manually transfer or convert the amount of your gift card to a store credit in your account - it won't happen automatically. If you don't know how to do that, it really is pretty simple. Go into your account, click on the Gift Cards icon, then enter the gift card code that you received by email into the space provided, then click on REDEEM GIFT CARD. The amount should now appear under Store Credit.

Post edited by SixDs on
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,001

Is it possible to buy a giftcard on ones own name and give the code to somebody else later (on Christmas) ?

• Is it possible to buy a giftcard on ones own name and give the code to somebody else later (on Christmas) ?

Yes, you can buy gift cards for others. After purchasing, just give them the code, and then the recipient follows the steps sixDs gave. If they don't already have an account with Daz, they need to register first.

• And sometimes there are additional discounts offered if you buy more.  Good to look out for,  and stock up.

• odasteinodastein Posts: 260

Thanks for the answers.

• wizwiz Posts: 816
    SixDs said:

Actually, what 3Ddreamer said is the way to do it, except you must manually transfer or convert the amount of your gift card to a store credit in your account - it won't happen automatically. If you don't know how to do that, it really is pretty simple. Go into your account, click on the Gift Cards icon, then enter the gift card code that you received by email into the space provided, then click on REDEEM GIFT CARD. The amount should now appear under Store Credit.

It's even simpler than that. You don't actually have to enter the gift card code. The gift card code (I don't know about the icon) in the email is a live link, despite looking like plain text. Click it, and if your broswer is already logged into DAZ, you go right to the redeem screen, where you click redeem. Two clicks, done. Easy button.