Morphs sometimes don't work correctly

Hey!

I did lots of morphs till now. especially with full body morphs I sometimes have the problem, that the vertices move in strange directions. i do my morphs in blender. when i do test exports in small steps it works for normal so I can't figure out what's the point I do wrong. Does anyone has the same problem and a solution?

thank you!
(first picture: morph in daz | second picture: morph model in blender)

morph_error.jpg
942 x 870 - 93K
morph.jpg
563 x 776 - 44K

Comments

• That indicates that the vertex order has been changed - a moprh is loaded from an OBJ by matching the list of vertices in the OBJ with that of the item to be morphed, treating vertex n of the OBJ as the new position of vertex n of the model. Check your export options, I think Blender includes a button for preserving vertex order.

• Thank you Richard.
    Yes, I've enabled 'keep vertex order' by default. I did the whole model again and exported a control morph every few steps. It caused the same error after symmetrizing the vertex (in edit mode) sometimes, especially when I've selected the whole mesh. but not always. now my workaround is to do test exports before symmetrizing parts of the vertex.

• There was some discussion of the Symmetryise function in another thread recently, including keeping vertex order.