Am I missing a step with the Transfer Utility?

Redoing the scruff I have made previously for my upcoming character, Gino..... I got it exported allot lighter than the previous one.  I did make it FOR Gino.  So I've tried a few ways to get to NOT take on the default shape of G8M but to no avail.  I've tried using the "current" option and even the Morph option and then scrolling to find the Gino face morph I made.  NOPE.  When it's all said and done just sinks into his face.  When I zero out the Gino face morph I can clearly see that the scruff was trying to conform to the default face shape.  I thought the whole idea of using the current shape or choosing the morph was to insure that the shaps I chose FITS exactly the shape of the face when it was all said and done.  I guess not?? 

Any help understanding this a bit more??  Richard H? 

Thanks! 

Wolffie.... 

Comments

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    RAMWolff said:

Redoing the scruff I have made previously for my upcoming character, Gino..... I got it exported allot lighter than the previous one.  I did make it FOR Gino.  So I've tried a few ways to get to NOT take on the default shape of G8M but to no avail.  I've tried using the "current" option and even the Morph option and then scrolling to find the Gino face morph I made.  NOPE.  When it's all said and done just sinks into his face.  When I zero out the Gino face morph I can clearly see that the scruff was trying to conform to the default face shape.  I thought the whole idea of using the current shape or choosing the morph was to insure that the shaps I chose FITS exactly the shape of the face when it was all said and done.  I guess not?? 

Any help understanding this a bit more??  Richard H? 

Thanks! 

Wolffie.... 

Did you check the ‘reverse source shape from target’ option? You need to do this as well as choose ‘morph’ or ‘current’ if you’ve not modeled on the base G8 shape. 

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

You keep saving me.  Thanks so much.  OMG!  XOXO

OH and the old scruff data was over 350 Megs... the new data is just under 90 Megs so quite an improvement.  smiley

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    RAMWolff said:

You keep saving me.  Thanks so much.  OMG!  XOXO

You’re welcome! =D

Here is a render of Gino with the new scruff.  Off to work  now to do hair!  LOL 

Gino with New Scruff - Mathew Hair.jpg
    976 x 837 - 207K