Compatibility Issue - Michael 5 vs Lower Michaels

hector_himeroshector_himeros Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm VERY new with 3D. In fact, I just downloaded DAZ3D today. So forgive me if my question sounds very stupid. But I need to know, can Michael 5 uses items from lower versions, like Michael 4's face, body clothes, etc ???

I asked that question because I'm confused by the many choices of Michael add-ons on sale. I don't know which one to buy (and I have limited finance). Of course, Michael 5 is much better and superior. But there are some Michael 4 items intrigue me, like clothes, face, etc. I just want to know, if I buy Michael 5 base, and then am tempted to buy Michael 4 items, can I use them with Michael 5 ???

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You can use M4 clothing on M5, you can use M4 skin textures on M5 but you need extra programs to use M4 morphs on M5. You can not use M5 items on M4 it only goes one way. Older characters to newer characters not both ways.

Hope this helps you decide.

• hector_himeroshector_himeros Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    you need extra programs to use M4 morphs on M5.

Thanks, that helps.

Morph? I assume, if I want a certain type of Michael 4's face (the whole head) or body built on Michael 5, I will need morph? What kind of additional program/addon that I need?

edited June 2012

You have two or three options for that. You could get the Genesis V4 M4 Shapes that would had M4 to genesis, then you could Dial?morph his face into M5. You could get the Legacy Morph shapes for Genesis, those add most of the Morphs++ from the Gen 4 characters to genesis so you could morph M5 even more. Or you could get the Gen X plugin that will transfer the Generation 4 morphs to genesis. For it to work you need the Gen 4 Character and the morphs for it.

As a new user I would look at all the addons for Genesis. Like V4 M4 Shapes and other morph sets that add extra morphs to genesis. You could then use all of those to edit your M5 and other genesis characters.

EDIT: For a specfic M4 morph in M5 only Gen X will do that.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited June 2012