A "wooden puppet" mode, with vertical black strings

How about a morph control that takes any figure... to look like a wooden puppet, be it animal, fantasy creature or Genesis figure? And of course, with vertical black or white stringings attached to joints.

Differing style strings from worn-out to new to frayed. Directional control for the strings to rotate angularly. 

Controls also for increasing/ overscaling of puppet body parts.

Or better yet a stand alone figure that is a wooden puppet character with the same details as above. And can be accessorized with ANY and ALL clothing or prop article.

How else could this be improved upon, folks?

MC 

Comments

• That's more than a morph could do - and morphs are in any event figure-specific. There have been puppet-style add-ons, usually using a mixture of morphs and additional body parts (which would definitely be needed for strings). For example, this set may make a starting point https://www.daz3d.com/sf-ball-joint-dolls-genesis-3-bundle

• MaxC28MaxC28 Posts: 18
    edited December 2018

Hello Richard,

That is an interesting Daz product. I'll invetigate it further.

But from what I can see from promo images and videos and doesn't go as far as I would want to making the body "Totally Puppet". The torso, mid-section and shoulder areas are not "jointed-looking". The neck could have an option of as a "ball" joint or "cylindrical" joint.

Its a good start. 

Post edited by MaxC28 on
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

You are asking for things that are not technically possible.

• Ascania said:

It would probably be entirely possible using a set of GeoGrafts, though, to replace the joints. Shoulders might be awkward to get working, but if so limiting their movements a bit to match the kind of joint the puppet has would be defensible.

• now Nvidia PhysX opensource nothing is impossible, we just need coders with the skills to impliment it

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 2018
    Ascania said:

It would probably be entirely possible using a set of GeoGrafts, though, to replace the joints. Shoulders might be awkward to get working, but if so limiting their movements a bit to match the kind of joint the puppet has would be defensible.

I always keep forgetting that geografts are a thing now. Though, not quite the universal morphs he asked for, are they?

Post edited by Ascania on
  • Ascania said:
    Ascania said:

I always keep forgetting that geografts are a thing now. Though, not quite the universal morphs he asked for, are they?

No, they'd be figure-specific.