Slice Rendering

Hello Daz Folks,

I am not a major user of Daz, but in my limited experience, I find that Daz gives much better results when using a spot render.  Often I find I render a whole scene then spot render a character's face/hair to get a cleaner image.  It seems to me that an option to render in slices should be a somewhat easy to implement feature.  The spot render is pretty much 80% of what's needed.  All you need to do is let the user pick a number of slices (vertical or horizontal) and divide image into that many pieces then, at the end, stitch them together automatically.  It's basically a spot render with a few extra parameters.  You wouldn't even need to stich them together, you could leave that to the user if you wanted, but it would be nice to have it done for you.

I think this would server two purposes: First, it would deliver a cleaner final image by letting Daz focus on one piece at a time.  Second, it would really help users with less powerful machines.

Thank you for your consideration,

Guy

Comments

• I'm not sure how that would help. Technically, this can already be performed by piecing together spot renders in conjunction with removing any unecessary props(albeit at viewport resolution). Whether rendering the scene in slices or in full, the graphics card will still need to load the entire scene, and if there isn't enough VRAM for the whole scene to fit, its still going to get pushed on to the CPU and be slower. If a scene render is taking too long, some just opt to render parts of the scene separately(i.e. removing anything that is not being rendered) so that each render fits on their video card's VRAM, and piece them together in photoshop or some other paint program and add whatever finishing touches are needed.