College Dorm House

Hi all, this is my first freebie post here on Daz3D. 

I have just released a modular College Dorm House on ShareCG. It's ready to render out of the box with lights and cameras (see the ShareCG page for more images)

https://sharecg.com/v/92797/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/College-Dorm-House-Part-1-Requires-Part-2

https://sharecg.com/v/92820/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/College-Dorm-House-Part-2-Requires-Part-1

Comments

• Yes I was able to get it now, splitting the file worked, I got both downloads.

• Good to hear Faeryl   smiley

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

Thank you

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,424

It looks great!  A question, though - One page says it's ok for commercial renders, but the other says "All rights reserved", which basically means we can't use it for anything.  Which is the correct license?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

Chrome on my iPad recommended this freebie to me, but I have forgotten to download it.

• Sorry both should say ok for commercial renders. I'll fix that :)
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

This looks good thanks!

• 404nicg404nicg Posts: 270

This renders beautifully. Thank you very much!

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,424
    PineCliff said:
    Sorry both should say ok for commercial renders. I'll fix that :)

Thank you very much! ^_^

• Tim NTim N Posts: 193

This is wonderful. Thank you so much.

• jake_fjake_f Posts: 226

PineCliff, thanks much for this environment, very cool.   Wow, you really must have put a lot of work in to this.

I'm a nube, and this is the first environment I've used.  I was able to get it installed correctly, which was great.  

My question is, how does one load a character in to a particular place within the environment?  It seems the character always loads outside, and I don't know how to get the character in to a chosen room inside the house.

Thanks in advance for your patience with this total nube question.  Once I learn a few more basics I think I'll really enjoy the Dorm House.

• Hi Jake_f there are actor position presents, just select your character in any pose and double click the present for the room you want and they will be moved there. I was learning Daz Studio as I put the scene together so in the beginning it took a long time lol but as I learned more the process got faster and more stream-lined :) Let me know if you find the presents ok.

Thanks PineCliff, I've got it now.  Dorm House is a great environment, thanks for sharing it, I expect to spend many happy hours there.  smiley

Well, I should have said, I've got some of it. smiley

So I've got a character in an interior room, and I want to add a spotlight.   I know how to create and move a spotlight.  But it seems a new spotlight is created out in the woods somewhere, and so I need to get it in to the interior room where my actor is.  When I try to zoom out and find the spotlight, the display becomes a kind of chaos in which I become totally lost. 

So I guess the question is...

Is there a way to create a new spotlight in a particular location?  Before I create a new spotlight is there some method of telling the spotlight where in the environment it should appear?   Can I tell the spotlight to appear in a selected room, or perhaps next to a selected character?

Many thanks!

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited January 2019
    jake_f said:

So I've got a character in an interior room, and I want to add a spotlight.   I know how to create and move a spotlight.  But it seems a new spotlight is created out in the woods somewhere, and so I need to get it in to the interior room where my actor is.  When I try to zoom out and find the spotlight, the display becomes a kind of chaos in which I become totally lost. 

Is there a way to create a new spotlight in a particular location?  Before I create a new spotlight is there some method of telling the spotlight where in the environment it should appear?   Can I tell the spotlight to appear in a selected room, or perhaps next to a selected character?

Many thanks!

Start with a camera you don't need (create one, or use the 'Perspective View' camera) and position it where you want the new spotlight to appear, angling it so the camera is pointing at the place you want to illuminate.

Next step, with the mentioned camera selected, open the 'Create a new spotlight' panel, but instead of clicking 'Accept' click on 'Show Options>>'. You will see 'Apply Default Settings' selected, but that is not what you want. Select 'Apply Active Viewport Transforms < :Perspective View>' and NOW you can click 'Accept'.

And you are done, with the new spotlight exactly where the camera is.

Edit to add that you can select the new spotlight from the camera list, which allows you to more accurately adjust the camera movements and focus.

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • jake_f said:

Many thanks!

Start with a camera you don't need (create one, or use the 'Perspective View' camera) and position it where you want the new spotlight to appear, angling it so the camera is pointing at the place you want to illuminate.

Next step, with the mentioned camera selected, open the 'Create a new spotlight' panel, but instead of clicking 'Accept' click on 'Show Options>>'. You will see 'Apply Default Settings' selected, but that is not what you want. Select 'Apply Active Viewport Transforms < :Perspective View>' and NOW you can click 'Accept'.

Edit to add that you can select the new spotlight from the camera list, which allows you to more accurately adjust the camera movements and focus.

You can look through the spotlight, skipping the camera step entirely.

open the 'Create a new spotlight' panel, but instead of clicking 'Accept' click on 'Show Options>>'. You will see 'Apply Default Settings' selected, but that is not what you want. Select 'Apply Active Viewport Transforms < :Perspective View>' and NOW you can click 'Accept'.

That did it, many thanks!

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    jake_f said:

Many thanks!

You can look through the spotlight, skipping the camera step entirely.

surprise Doh! I never thought of that! laugh

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Wow, awesome freebie! Thanks