Having a lot of discrepancies from my cart to Paypal

Not sure what's going on...My last couple of orders have shown one amount and all checks out fine.  But, when I got my Paypal receipts on both orders, I was charged nearly 4 times the checkout amount.  I haven't been able to reach anyone at the Daz Helpdesk for the past 4 days.  This is unusual.  They typically resolve any issues within a day.

Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,299
    edited December 2018

I have had a few previous issues where the basket has glitched and shown me prices without some/all discounts, which can also apply when paying, because for some reason, the way the store/Paypal interaction works just takes the authorisation in PayPal to mean that you're authorising whatever the basket currently thinks it's worth (even if PayPal is showing you something entirely different).

Personally, I find this grossly unacceptable; If PayPal says I'm paying a given price, then when I click the button, THAT is the price I am authorising. In the event of any discrepancy, the transaction should abort rather than going ahead regardless. I should not have to check my PayPal receipts and order history after every transaction to check that I actually paid what I authorised.
    There should absolutely be such failsafes, because the margins of error that could potentially exist could absolutely devastate people. Sales on things like old V4 items can hit more than 95% off on some items when a mega sale offer coincides with a PC+ item or PA sale, so a small $50 order could take more than $1000 out of someone's account if such an error occurred. (Fortunately, the worst I recall dealing with so far was less than $100, but the existence of the error at all shows means that far worse things could happen).

It's also particularly problematic for non-US customers like me who have to then cope with the conversion back to our local currency.

I've complained several times. It seems the error still exists.

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • Thanks for letting me know.  This is the first time that I've had this issue.  So, I was worried about making any more purchases until it gets fixed.  Fortunately, Daz staff has gotten back to me and taken care of the difference.  They have very good customer service.  Hopefully, they'll get the Paypal issue worked out soon.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,299

Hopefully, but in the meantime I've picked up the habit of deliberately saving a copy of my Daz baskets to my computer before purchase so I've got a definite record in case of dispute, rather than trying to work out what I think I was supposed to have paid. It saves a lot of time and reduces any ambuguity.