Render nodes not contributing! (Solved!)

BagboyBagboy Posts: 170
edited December 2018 in Carrara Discussion

Hello all!

I've got a new Core 7, 7th gen, computer and I'm trying to run my older  AMD 8-6500 computer as a render node.  The scene render starts up as expected on both computers. The Render node shows up as "available" in the "Manage Render Nodes" window and downloads all the graphics into its Daz Tmp folder fine.

And then... nothing! And in fact, the render node program locks up after that and has to be forced to close.

Both are running Windows 10.

Can anybody shed light on what could be going on here?

The only oddity I've noticed is a pop up alert on the Master computer telling me the Port 2, 5040, is in use by another process when I start the render.

Post edited by Bagboy on

Comments

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Have you tried different scenes? Can you disconnect internet access physically and then try to shutdown all firewalls?
  • BagboyBagboy Posts: 170

Thanks, 3drendero! laugh

I'll give your suggestion a try, and let you know how it turns out. 

Aw... no luck with the firewalls turned off! sad

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited December 2018
    Try the instructions again, the example uses port 5020, which may help you if 5040 is busy. https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207529313-How-to-set-up-Render-Node?mobile_site=true
    Post edited by 3drendero on

Thanks again for the suggestions, 3drendero!

I went over the instructions point by point, but the results were still negative. sad

The render time of the scene has been about 38 minutes, utilizing just the one computer.

edited December 2018

So it turns out that my Port 2 issue was involved! On a chance, I changed port 2 to 5060, Port 3 to 5080, and Port 4 to 5100.  Not clear if I had to change the Render Node settings too, but I did.

Bottm line, it’s working now!

Whew! laugh

Thanks again for your attention, 3drendero! 

Post edited by Bagboy on
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693
    Bagboy said:

So it turns out that my Port 2 issue was involved! On a chance, I changed port 2 to 5060, Port 3 to 5080, and Port 4 to 5100.  Not clear if I had to change the Render Node settings too, but I did.

Bottm line, it’s working now!

Whew! laugh

Thanks again for your attention, 3drendero! 

I was also curious what you were up against, but had no experience to share.

thanks for letting us know what worked!

--ms