Welcome to Hatsune Miku Anime Manga Cafe ☕

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

Cool work, folks! Love what you're all doing with Toon Shaders. I haven't grasped a good flow for that yet - probably because I'm looking for something else for my work - but I love it! It looks freaking Awesome!

FYI - the other Toon plugin Jonstark mentioned is Toon! Pro, by DCG (Digital Carver's Guild), professional Carrara (and LightWave) plugins made years ago - and they're all Open Source now! Check it out! Digital Carver's Guild - Carrara Plugins

Jonstark said:
    Redfern said:

I LOVE that disheveled, frizzy "mop" of 1980s hair!

Sincerely,

Bill

Agree, looks terrific!  :)  And you should see it in animations too, really brings it even more to life! (Dart has shown some example animations in the Carrara forums). 

Argh! Wait till you see my new animations! Those examples were done in a horrible way - on a laptop that had to struggle just to open Carrara! LOL

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited February 2020

After looking at all these great renders, and hoping not to derail this thread, I got to wondering what first got you all interested in this kind of art.

So what manga/anime were the ones that first influenced you to get interested in Japanese style renders?

For me it was the old anime (1968, black and white) 'GeGeGe No Kitaro', then 'Akira', 'Lina Inverse' and 'Nadia: Secret of Blue Water', while the original 'Neon Genesis' really opened my eyes to the possibilities.

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • After looking at all these great renders, and hoping not to derail this thread, I got to wondering what first got you all interested in this kind of art.

So what manga/anime were the ones that first influenced you to get interested in Japanese style renders?

For me it was the old anime (1968, black and white) 'GeGeGe No Kitaro', then 'Akira', 'Lina Inverse' and 'Nadia: Secret of Blue Water', while the original 'Neon Genesis' really opened my eyes to the possibilities.

The first anime I ever watched was also an old black and white one (and a very obscure one), called Prince Planet in English. It used to play in the US during the mid 1960s and early 1970s (at least as late as 1974, when I was three years old). It was my favorite show when I was that age. 

• Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 849
    edited February 2020

aiko 3 3dcg 

aiko 3 celshade

carrara render and picas filter

Post edited by Hatsune Miku on

After looking at all these great renders, and hoping not to derail this thread, I got to wondering what first got you all interested in this kind of art.

G-Force (Battle of the Planets) was pretty much the only thing like this I was exposed to for the most part. Thanks for the inspiration to dig deeper!

Then Alita Battle Angel came along and I almost didn't watch it. I think I read or saw something about how incredible a job Weta Digital did on making Alita a miraculous CG protagonist interact perfectly with live action, so I thought it would help to inspire me on my current project of making a fully CG movie - even though I was going for more of a quasi-painterly-artistic-yet-realistic look. 

Alita inspired me to go for dynamic hair again - and I'm really glad, because I've finally got it working really nice for how HUGE it has to be on my main heroine.

This thread inspired me to go further with my main character - more Manga - but to me, that was more about the face shape and eyes than full-on toon shading. I'm still not going to go that route - at least not at first. We'll see what the future holds!

That last sighting of my Manga Rosie is pretty poor IMHO compared to how she looks as of just yesterday, where I'm pretty sure I'm calling a lock on her for now so I can push on with the show. 

3dcgx said:

aiko 3 3dcg 

aiko 3 celshade

carrara render and picas filter

She's awesome!

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

I'm just trying to be funny, my Catgirl Joy is having no part of it.

Nurse Joy.png
    917 x 1290 - 811K
  • Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

3Delight

wrhet.jpg
    700 x 960 - 344K

3Delight

3Delight can do all kinds of NPR stuff that Iray just can't. At least not very easily.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

Gundam00

Gundam00 (Toon) by tkdrobert

edited February 2020

My hands are full making a bishoujo visual novel of japan college life here are some screenshots 

character Kioki Aiko 3

carrara rendered.

• vrba79 said:

An example of when you blend Hiro 5 with some female facial morphs and accents.

You too can have your own villain to threaten the fate of the world, over a children's card game in no time.

The toon look this time is a DZdefault/Postwork blend I'm working on.

Ah yes, what would a child's game be without the overkilling, looking, son of a gun!
    edited February 2020

I haven't had a chance to sit down and art for a while, but today I finally had the time.

A mix of Aiko 6 and Hitomi by way of GenX. The painted effect was ridiculously easy to accomplish.

Its just a 3DL render with two distance lights, that I applied the "Smart Blur" effect to in Photoshop. That's it.

Anime Girl.png
    394 x 1280 - 461K
    Post edited by vrba79 on
    vrba79 said:

I haven't had a chance to sit down and art for a while, but today I finally had the time.

A mix of Aiko 6 and Hitomi by way of GenX. The painted effect was ridiculously easy to accomplish.

Its just a 3DL render with two distance lights, that I applied the "Smart Blur" effect to in Photoshop. That's it.

yes

edited February 2020

And here's her male counterpart. A blend of G2M Animated Shapes "boy" and Hiro 5.

Because Hiro 5 is part of a morph package you can get for Genesis 2 male, there was no need to convert that morph from Genesis 1.

Fella.png
    966 x 1361 - 792K
    Post edited by vrba79 on

I improved the skin, by making the SSS settings better match the girl's. Also changed up the material of his armor, so it would look less bland.

Fella V2.png
    703 x 1372 - 798K
    edited February 2020

Another blend, this time Aiko 6 with some Aiko 3.

Aiko.png
    574 x 940 - 427K
    Post edited by vrba79 on

A few changes later, and I now have Aiko 3 mixed with G2F's Sakura.

Genesis 2 Female has a lot of Mix and Match anime options.

Aiko2.png
    995 x 955 - 728K

G2M Animated Shapes Boy mixed with Legacy Morphs Hiro 4, and Hiro 5's basic hair.

Hiro.png
    567 x 1043 - 426K
    edited February 2020

Swap out AS Boy for AS Man, and you get his big brother! Its a shame they don't sell the animated shapes pack any more, because when mixed with other morphs, you can make some diverse male characters.

Hiro2.png
    658 x 1008 - 463K
    Post edited by vrba79 on
  • vrba79 said:

Same project but with different lighting, and using Daz|Studio's built in toon shader.

That reveal though, stepping out into the spotlight. By any chance, is that a weapon that bears similarities to those of Halo's Battle rifle and assault rifle, and being a fusion of both? Anywho, dig the color choices :)

Thanks!

And here's a mix of Aiko 3 and Girl 6.

Kick.png
    1065 x 1206 - 710K
    edited February 2020

Followed by another quick morph swap, Keiko 6 mixed with G1 Hitomi.

Stance.png
    992 x 1136 - 669K
    Post edited by vrba79 on

Concept for a Voltron-like robot:

Guardian of the Universe by tkdrobert

Another G2 blend. A 1970's style anime henchman.

He's looking for Henches that need henching...probably!

Hench.png
    694 x 1331 - 495K
    edited February 2020

great work everyone

• kioki a3

carrara rendered

3dcgx said:

great work everyone

Its a fun topic!

edited February 2020

I'd like a feedback of my latest novel a visual novel that is on this on the image below written by me and artwork by me.  It's called Jillian Sakurai Kawanishi.  To begin, click link below image then, click new game, then, click on the screw at the far lower right

visual novel link ----> https://3dcgx.com/visualnovel/index.html

To begin, click link above then, click new game, then, click on the screw at the far lower right

Please note it takes about 5 minutes to load im still learning how to speed this up.

• I decided to convert the Girl 6 and a few other G2F characters over to Genesis, and then decided to try an update on my characters Ashley Chrome and Maria Mirandez using the Girl 6 as a base, and I'd like some opinions on what you all think, and which version of each girl you like best. 

Up first is Ashley, starting with the before pic:

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

After:

And here's Maria 

Before:

After: