The Venezia Suite morphing bed covers question

davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

https://www.daz3d.com/the-venezia-suite

Does the cover just morph to those poses mentioned or does it morph to any lying down pose? 

Comments

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

per the descrition, it is only the mentioned poses.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438
    Sorel said:

per the descrition, it is only the mentioned poses.

bummer..means you have to buy those then for it to work? 

it should be like dforce or something...maybe possible to set that up?

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

I mean, yes you could just dforce it.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

You could try making it dforce and draping it or if that doesn't work, then create a new HD plane and add dforce to that and make your own convering.

• I can try a quick test in dforce tonight... I thought this was released before dforce though, at least one reason it wouldn't have been set up for it. The blanket may have built in thickness that might not drape well, but I can try to see...
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563
    I can try a quick test in dforce tonight... I thought this was released before dforce though, at least one reason it wouldn't have been set up for it. The blanket may have built in thickness that might not drape well, but I can try to see...

My thoughts also. look forward to your results.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,961
    edited December 2018

Ok here was a quick test.

A couple things. The duvet has separate surfaces for the top and bottom. This is just a test using the defaut settings that apply when you add the dynamic surface modifier to it. You can see in some spots that the bottom is poking through the top. I will try some of the suggestions from the "how to use" thread to puff it up a bit, as it looks like an empty duvet, but overall the results are pretty good for a first try.

There are a lot of polygons here. Which does mean a lot of detail in the draping results. This simulated very quickly for me, if you struggle with simulations now I don't know if this would be a bit of a slower one.

Will try another version tweaking some settings next.

venezia_duvet_01.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,961
    edited December 2018

Ok, easy enough. This looks a lot better.

Stretch Stiffness to .1, Bend Stiffness to .1, Contraction-Expansion Ration to 105, Collision Offset to .5 for the under side, 1.0 for the top side.

Used the deflated soccerball settings as a base for this: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3405616/#Comment_3405616 thank you RGcincy

It still looks empty, but no more under side poking through, and looks a bit thicker. Probably all I am going to do for the time being to test, not sure if there is a good way currently to resist the thin quality of simulations, but more tweaking could probably get a lot of variety out of this.

venezia_duvet_02.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

thanks..it looks to be very possible for sure. I've liked the look of that product for awhile... on sale is nice smiley