headshop oneclick installation problem

davesodaveso Posts: 6,422
edited December 2018 in The Commons

i bought this a couple days ago when it came up on sale .. it does not install correctly. the path is wants to use is program files/Daz 3D ... but my program resides where it auto installed ... 
users/public/public documents/my daz 3d libray/daz 3d.

It did install to the program files place..but does not work within DAZ Studio

I then directed it to where DS is actually installed. an error box popped up and it would not install there. 

Post edited by daveso on

Comments

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

This thread might help, but if not, then I’ve seen elsewhere that their tech support provides individualized assistance. 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/293751/new-headshop-11-installer-available-for-non-c-drive-studio#latest

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,422

This thread might help, but if not, then I’ve seen elsewhere that their tech support provides individualized assistance. 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/293751/new-headshop-11-installer-available-for-non-c-drive-studio#latest

thanks..i will check it out. 

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
    edited December 2018

Tech support is at [email protected]. Skype tech support can be arranged.

There's also a new installer available at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4heo62r8ly6zzgh/HSFull3.zip?dl=0

This new installer will install on non-standard DAZ Studio installations (that is, non c:\Program Files installations).

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on

the new installer did not work at first either. I had to install to "plugins" folder. it now showing in DS ...
    Now to give it a go :)

THANKS

oops..the START HEADSHOP is in the edit pulldown, but when clicked it says "unable to find headshop application ... maybe becasue i have oneclick?

installed oneclick again to the plugin  directory... installed ok, the START HEADSHOP is there, but still get the above error. 

• Daveso, this is frustrating. You need to take this offline and contact me at [email protected]! We can provide tech support. Also, here's how you can check that all your files are installed in the right location (image from the HeadShop 11 manual)

WhatGoesWhere.jpg
    900 x 652 - 488K

Daveso, this is frustrating. You need to take this offline and contact me at [email protected]! We can provide tech support. Also, here's how you can check that all your files are installed in the right location (image from the HeadShop 11 manual)

i have sent email... i orginally had them in that fdirectory, but it did not work. then i installed to "plugins" but the email i sent a bit ago thanks
    YES .. very frustrating

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
    edited December 2018

OK, for those who do not have skype or can't do tech support, here's an installation video:

Please note that the critical step is to find the correct destination folder when installing HeadShop 11!! It is the "DAZ 3D" folder, wherever it lives.

(Many DAZ users also have incomplete "DAZ 3D" folders. Inside "DAZ 3D" there should be a complete folder called "DAZStudio4" which should contain all Studio files, including the exe file.)

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on

thanks... by watching the video i figured out what i was doiing wrong ... it is to make sure it is the DAZ 3D folder .. i went one directory too deep... 

• daveso said:

thanks... by watching the video i figured out what i was doiing wrong ... it is to make sure it is the DAZ 3D folder .. i went one directory too deep... 

smiley

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,773

Can one have both OneClick and Headshop 11 installed on the same computer?

Just in case, if OneClick handle better non smile reference images.

• Artini said:

Can one have both OneClick and Headshop 11 installed on the same computer?

Just in case, if OneClick handle better non smile reference images.

It is possible. Two options: have both in the same DAZ 3D folder, and rename one "HeadShop plugin" folder that is not used (for example 11HeadShop plugin or similar).

The second option is to have two DAZ Studios, and launch the one you want to use.