How would i recreate the ground in the Parkland Props product page?

5200north5200north Posts: 249
edited December 2018 in Product Suggestions

I've tried to create a similar landscape and all my efforts just didn't look right. 

i used Scupltris to model the ground so it has different levels and tried to make path, then i applied some different grass and soil shades and it look so fake i won't post it here. 

I've never seen any tutorials on how to create a park or such, the only things i have found are for software to make huge mountains or the like and i'm looking for something smaller scale.

I have Mallard Lake and Haven Park and they are great but i'm looking for something closer to what's on the product page.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction

Thanks in advance.

parkland-props-00-main-daz3d.jpg
960 x 1248 - 448K
Post edited by 5200north on

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

At a guess, it's the Tree and Swing base.

• Ascania said:

At a guess, it's the Tree and Swing base.

I think that is correct, especially since Tree and Swing is listed as one of the products used.

• Sorry to bother you two with a dumb question. Forgive me.
  • The only dumb questions are the ones that don't get asked. I was curious about this myself, and now that I've had another look at Parkland Props, I've put it into my wishlist for later. A very nice set, including a few things I don't think anyone else has modelled.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

yeah, I don't get the reply either, it wasn't a dumb question. I didn't even know the tree and swing set existed till today and now it's in the wishlist.

• Maybe google "GrowIt daz plugin" works only on windows 10, used for animating landscapes

!

• Maybe google "GrowIt daz plugin"

Impressive video.  That is some great functionality. Well done!

• Rascal3DRascal3D Posts: 287

Hi 5200north,

As others have indicated, it is the "Tree and Swing" product created by Predatron.  For the renders in those scenes, I deleted the tree and fence.  I moved the grasses around (a wee bit) which in the foreground exist as instances.  I then used one of DimensionTheory's HDRIs to light the scene.  I really enjoy both products and have used them for numerous renders.