Frustrated with G2 item autofit.

TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I am very annoyed. I can auto fit most of my content to Genesis, Genesis 2, with few exceptions. A lot of older V4 and V3 stuff.

However, recently, I purchased some G2 clothing sets, assuming they could be autofit to Genesis.

It isn't happening, and I am very annoyed and frustrated. When I try to autofit to Genesis it won't even give me an option of who the item was designed for. "Unsupported" is my only option.

I guess I'll live with it, but I'm not happy. I don't like G2, and I don't want to invest in a pile of morphs to recreate my Genesis characters.

So, I won't be purchasing any more G2 items, no matter how nice they are.

I cannot believe autofit capability is not both ways. I can autofit genesis to G2, but not G2 to genesis.

Very disappointed. Perhaps you should note more strongly in your sales ads that these items will not autofit to anything but other G2 morphs.

Comments

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

There is a product offering a G2F clone for Genesis, which is required if you want to autofit G2F clothes to Genesis. The other way round is integrated, so Genesis clothes to G2F, but not G2F clothes to Genesis by default.

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-female-clone-for-genesis

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited September 2013

Nothing in any of our press releases or product pages have suggested that there is Autofit capabilities from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis. In addition we have never set a precedent that this is the case. Since Generation 3 each new generation has had a way of supporting clothing made for the previous generation, but not the other way around.

This doesn't mean that in the future there won't be autofit functionality from Genesis 2 to Genesis, this is just to say that there currently isn't. We have been open and transparent about that.

I'm sorry you assumed wrongly that your items would work with Genesis. If you can show me on the product page where it said that they would work with Genesis I will update the product page so that it is correct.

One of the great things about DAZ 3D is we have a 30 day return policy. If you purchase an item by mistake, or aren't satisfied with it you can return it within 30 days of the purchase date. All you need to do is contact our sales staff through Zendesk.

**Edit** It appears that I am behind the times, there is already a Genesis clone for Genesis 2 Female as Renpatsu has helpfully pointed out.

Post edited by DZ_jared on
  • TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry, I was venting, no, I will not be returning the products. Also, I realized that compatibility is always up, not down. My experience has been fitting older models to Genesis, not Gen items to older figures. So yes, there is no precedence. I just had not experienced it.

If anything, the products will force me to try and make something from a G2 figure, which I have been avoiding like the plague.

I did not mean to imply that DAZ has been anything but transparent.

The cloning item is exactly what I need and will resolve a lot.

My apologies, stupid rant, but I felt better, and now I feel dumber. :)

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

As long as the "better" feeling lasts and the "dumber" feeling fades quickly I'm happy.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    **Edit** It appears that I am behind the times, there is already a Genesis clone for Genesis 2 Female as Renpatsu has helpfully pointed out.

Ha ha, Jared. :D