Winter Furs and Leathers

Looking for some fur shawls, wraps and heavy leathers like the vikings would wear during the winter.

Comments

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064

I second that request, however please create more realistic fur. No noise or displacement maps!

I'm very disappointed whenever I see winter fur collars or cuffs made out of displacement maps. It doesn't look real to me. The fur doesn't have to be real strands of hair, it can be transparent-mapped polys, like hair.

Also, animal skinned rugs with realistic fur would be cool. :)

• edited December 2018
    Dave230 said:

I second that request, however please create more realistic fur. No noise or displacement maps!

I'm very disappointed whenever I see winter fur collars or cuffs made out of displacement maps. It doesn't look real to me. The fur doesn't have to be real strands of hair, it can be transparent-mapped polys, like hair.

Also, animal skinned rugs with realistic fur would be cool. :)

Rugs and covers - like what would be found on beds as well. 

And here's some pictures of what I'm looking for.

wolfcloak4.jpg
    1000 x 667 - 438K
    Post edited by katherinepoche_e11a5b0e7e on
  • NNAPNNAP Posts: 35

I second this as well.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064
    edited December 2018

Daz should have worked on creating their own hair/fur rendering system a long time ago, imho.  This would let users load realistic fur objects in the viewer without slowing everything down.  Fur wouldn't get rendered until rendering time, as they can have millions of vertices.

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • odasteinodastein Posts: 606

I was searching for the same kind of things some months ago, and failed to find them. Eventually I used regular clothes with a fur shader, "furify : fur shader", by Marieah, but I had to contact her directly since it isn't sold on DAZ3D, or anywhere else, anymore. I picked this one because it seems to have more natural animal skins options than the other fur shaders I saw. But it's 3Dlight only.