Released, Modern Commuter Carriage. [Commercial]

DogzDogz Posts: 896
edited December 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Interior set only, a set of modern-ish commuter carriages with a few different layouts. Also includes basic prop for passing scenery + mesh light for Iray Iray. (latter doesnt work for 3d delight though obviously)

https://www.daz3d.com/modern-commuter-carriage

Popup01.png
846 x 1100 - 1M
scv4.jpg
846 x 550 - 319K
pop46664f5.jpg
846 x 1100 - 723K
Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• James_HJames_H Posts: 996

Bit cleaner than the last train I was on (in UK): probably won't get stuck at Doncaster either. (In cart.)

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Absolutely necessary. Thanks for all the texture sets. Great job.

• Hey this is awesome! Is going straight to my cart.

• This is great - straight to the cart!

I'd love to see the waiting room of a train station - say a smaller station.  Also an airplane interior. 

• There is a railway station, all it needs is some flat screen displays with advertising and meaningless customer service announcemnts to bring it up to date (it's not as if any UK station gets noticeable maintenance).

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Yay! So now I can render my commute while I commute!

• DogzDogz Posts: 896

At some point in early 2019 I must get the The Old railway set updated with iray materials.

• Dogz said:

At some point in early 2019 I must get the The Old railway set updated with iray materials.

That would be great (western?)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2018
    Dogz said:

That would be great (western?)

Yeah,  they need updating,  Prince Charles came into Cardiff yesterday on a steam train

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

I was originally not planning on buying anything today, but then thought... you know, I have nothing even REMOTELY like this product. Yoink!

I have this weird idea of transforming it into a scifi shuttle interior or something...

• mnpalamnpala Posts: 50
    edited December 2018

This is excellent as this looks like the old Govia/Thameslink/Great Northern Railway stock.

Any plans to do something based on the current Class 700 trains (famously known as the iron board express due to its iron board style seating) ?

Post edited by mnpala on
    edited December 2018

Yeah you are spot on.. heres the real mcCoy.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/317340_D_DTSO_B_Standard_Class_Interior.JPG

and the main product promo by comparison.

https://www.daz3d.com/modern-commuter-carriage

Maybe on the 700s, though I have to tread more carefully on brand new designs due to licencing issues. (Seimens/ Bombardier or who ever) I  would have change it alot "based on" as you say.

Probably though if i do another one it will be something US or European, or a different vehicle type altogether.

Post edited by Dogz on

If you’re to do a completely different vehicle altogether, maybe an airliner?

Although I guess the difficulty would be system resources if you filled the cabin with seats. Maybe it would have to be airline modules so you could create your own section if the cabin I.e. you could place your characters at the back of the aeroplane on one side or if the modules permit - you could have a narrow body or wide body jet cabin in your scene.

Another idea would be a UK bus or coach.

i thoroughly enjoyed experimenting with your train. Being a UK rail commuter, it’s nice to see something close to home on Daz 3D.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    mnpala said:

There is a Vintage, double Decker London bus in the store

edited December 2018
    mnpala said:

If you’re to do a completely different vehicle altogether, maybe an airliner?

Although I guess the difficulty would be system resources if you filled the cabin with seats. Maybe it would have to be airline modules so you could create your own section if the cabin I.e. you could place your characters at the back of the aeroplane on one side or if the modules permit - you could have a narrow body or wide body jet cabin in your scene.

i thoroughly enjoyed experimenting with your train. Being a UK rail commuter, it’s nice to see something close to home on Daz 3D.

Well we could handle repetition of seats etc via instancing, would help veiwport performance anyway. render times would still get a bit of a kick in the nuts, - though glass materials and hair tend to be the biggest offenders in that department:P

As Chohole^ says; there is indeed a routemaster bus in the store, but a more modern and less niche type might still go down well if the interior is well detailed. Since i'd imagine more people would want it more for interior rather than exterior. (the focus of most renders being people) I was also thinking about a 60's/ 70's/ 80s grey hound bus type, espeically the latter two decades as they have attractive retro design. but thats still a vintage vehicle, not modern.

I do like the B17 that was done recently, love that aircraft and have been making a few WW2 birds for deepwater studios new 'Uboat' game., I wanted to do a B17 for Daz a while back, but i couldn't bear to mess with its classic design to keep Boeing's incredibly strict legal folks off my case. (or to get Daz to accept it in the first place) But darkedge did a very good job at balancing all that.

Post edited by Dogz on

With a modular airline interior, you’d be able to make it generic since you’re creating sections and props - so hopefully no copyright claims. In the same way as you illuminated the ceiling lights on the train; you could have these above each recessed window like on the old 737s to create some great effects. If you have the middle overhead lockers as a prop the user would be able to customise their interior - making a narrow body or a wide body aircraft.

As you’re not making a particular aircraft, no-one should be able to moan.

Like the outside scenery you created for the train, you could have something similar - maybe a choice of a blue sky, in cloud or darkness.

The more I think of it, the more I quite like the idea of an airline cabin construction kit.

• Vanishing Point has a modular airliner cabin interior at rendo, but it's pretty basic. Airlines do a lot of customiztion so it shouldn't be hard to come up with something convincing but generic. People spend so much time in transit that any of these props are extremely useful for story telling. 

• LintonLinton Posts: 541
    Chohole said:
    mnpala said:

There is a Vintage, double Decker London bus in the store

Which looks awesome with new iRay shaders on it. Really cool. With a few additional props I got the Knight Bus from Harry Potter out of it.

• Oso3D said:

I was originally not planning on buying anything today, but then thought... you know, I have nothing even REMOTELY like this product. Yoink!

I have this weird idea of transforming it into a scifi shuttle interior or something...

Funnily enough, I was thinking something similar myself.  Make some minor changes in it, kitbashing and so forth, and it could work in a Space:1999/2001:A Space Oddyssey pastiche sort of world as a sort of stand-in for the totally automated, call-on-demand Tube Train internal transport system that Space:1999 used, even tho this one looks very different.