Floor on Odysseon med lab showing up as black even after redering

john-2356381john-2356381 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi all
i am new to Daz 3d but purchased the Odysseon med lad pack. its a beautiful environment but the floor always shows up as black. I have tried to change textures and when i look straight down at floor is looks correct , any other angle and it is black, what am i doing wrong?
thank you for your help
John

fullshot.png
1920 x 1080 - 2M

Comments

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Maybe you just need to add some light from the top, to be able to see the floor.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

It looks like you're just using the default 'headlamp' option for lighting. Without proper lighting you won't get the full effect, so you want to ensure that the floor catches light either by adding a shadowless light (so that it penetrates the ceiling) or by using spotlights or uberlights in the scene.

Lighting is arguably one of the most important parts about creating your image, so be sure to experiment and figure out what works best for your scenes.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

john said:
    I have tried to change textures and when i look straight down at floor is looks correct , any other angle and it is black,

Nothing to do with the textures, this is definitely the default lighting (attached to the camera) you get when you haven't added extra lights to a scene. One of the things to watch out for in this default lighting is that it doesn't work very well when the camera is looking at a surface at a sharp angle. You need to add lights to the scene and adjust them to fill the room. Note that there's no "one-click" way of doing this, lighting is one of the trickiest and most complicated things to understand in any 3D program — it isn't easy because it really is not easy. (If that makes sense...) :smirk: