merchant resource textures

As far as I can make out if i create an item that uses merchant resource textures, I can distribute it with with those textures applied. Is this correct?

If so how do I package those textures without giving away a direct copy of the master?

Thanks

Comments

• Most Merchant Resource sets don't allow giving away, they must be used in commercial products. You would modify the maps (they don't usually allow the use of unmdofied maps) and include those modified maps (in a different folder, of course) with the materials presets and morphs.

• Thanks Richard. So i'm guessing cutting around my uv map making the texture little use for anything else would be okay?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2018

If it is a texture merchant resource  ie fabric or such then it has to be used in such a way as to make it impossible for the texture itself to be extracted from the item. If it is a body texture then they are rarely allowed to be used for freebies and must be changed significantly before being released as new textures in commercial.  Merch resources of this sort are only meant to be used as the base on which to create a new character texture.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • It was a normal map from a fabric. Sounds like the best thing for me would be to find royalty free textures from the interweb to avoid running into issues, unless there's an easy way to embed them. Thanks guys