RY Kian for Michael 8

xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,728
edited December 2018 in The Commons

Yes! He looks a little like Kian New, but better! I was gonna beg Raiya to make some more men to help out G8M because---despite Daz's releasing him within 2 months of the female, it's taken some time to get all the PAs onboard to fill out his ranks. Big thanks to all the other male character makers who have done so well for us in the past few months.

The other Core males could use Raiya makeovers as well. I'm CPU rendering for a few days; so, I can't do any renders, but if anyone else can, please post!

RY Kian for Michael 8 in Vendor, outoftouch,  3D Models by Daz 3D

Post edited by xyer0 on

Comments

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,117
    I'm picking him up. Though I wish Raiya would do a First Class Faces HD for Michael 8 too, just like she did for V8 https://www.daz3d.com/first-class-faces-hd-for-victoria-8 I love how she does lips and noses.
  • More Raiya boys? I AM ALL IN FOR THIS!

• EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483

I want to pick Kian up to use his textures and blend with Owen. I think I'd get a killer figure that looks like Adam Driver.

I'm all for Raiya's skill expanding the possibilities for male characters.

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120

Instant buy! Now I need time to play with him! (I am a fan of Adam Driver ;) And I am a big fan of Raiya! Especially her men! Thank you so much for this new one!!!!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

Snapped him up. Always eager to put another male in my content ;)

Laurie

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited December 2018

I took him and make him a vikar and send him on holyday to the beach...

Post edited by Chohole on
  • RaiyaRaiya Posts: 87

Hi everyone,

just stumbled accross this thread today... Thank you so much for all your positive feedback on Kian. I love creating male characters, but unfortunately they don't sell as well as the female ones so I can only do one every so often. 

@JUJU: Niiice render! A well deserved holiday ;)

Raiya

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,728

@Raiya, thanks for all your great characters! I don't know why you have halved your output, but I hope it's not because you're becoming bored with the Daz game.

• Raiya, I don't have him yet, but he's on my list. The quality of male characters from PAs are really improving the past couple years!! I got 2 characters ever for genesis 2 male, and they were both alien/animal, not human.... For G8 male, I've gotten a few already... and actually rendered with them!!! Your Dylan char made a must-have, and Kian is another!!! And I caved and finally got one of your G8 girls sole for her eyes- gorgeous. Daz should get you to redo their default eyes.

@xyer0 Certainly not bored. :) I do have other commitments though. But I think the bigger problem is that I spend much more time working on a single character these days. During the Victoria 4 times you'd create a nice texture map, shape a pretty face, dial up a body morph and upload it to the store. These days it's HD morphs, normal maps, fancy iray shaders, real lashes and brows, etc etc. So while I was able to create a decent character in 1 or 2 weeks a couple of years ago it takes me at least 4 weeks now.

@DisparateDreamer Thank you. I think the eyes are the trickiest part of a character when it comes to realism and I always try to improve mine (but I'm never satisfied).

edited December 2018

Yay!!! @Raiya - So just do us a four-head First Class Faces Male pack like MimicMolly suggested, please? Consider it, at least by looking at these:

Image result for paul newmanImage result for paul newmanImage result for robert redford young

Post edited by xyer0 on

Yes, I could definitely squeeze that into my schedule. Thanks for the inspiration.

This is great news! Thank You! Here are some more, and I'll stop bothering you now.

Image result for sidney poitier youngImage result for harry belafonte youngImage result for chinese male masculine

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145
    Raiya said:

Yes, I could definitely squeeze that into my schedule. Thanks for the inspiration.

I’d be all over that too. I hope you find the time and inspiration for such a project. Your characters are incredible. 

• /sets money aside

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Raiya said:

Woo hoo! That one will drop into the cart the day of release!

• IldanachIldanach Posts: 217

Kian is a fantastic character!

I really hope he sold well and that @Raiya got enough of a return to consider doing more male characters. They'll be instant buys from me.

As someone else said, it really should've been Kian 8.

• I went to go put him in my cart and I realized I already bought him.  That's how fast he jumped in my cart

I went to go put him in my cart and I realized I already bought him.  That's how fast he jumped in my cart

@ALLIEKATBLUE Will you please post a render when you can? I'm still doing CPU render tests (they take days, not hours, not minutes) and I only had time to render my usual default mugshot so I could check the skin.

• Sure, here you go.  Only about 70% rendered though

kian 1.png
    936 x 901 - 647K

@ALLIEKATBLUE Thank you! Promo quality. Is that a Biscuits hair? I've been looking for that hairstyle for months.

edited December 2018

Post edited by Ildanach on
    Ildanach said:

Very nice. Thanks for showing that side of him. Beautiful colours.

• No @xyer0 Its Prae's Flax hair.  They're having a sale and I want crazy

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/prae-flax-hair-for-g3/121653/

• Ildanach said:

Very nice, where'd the chest hair come from?

No @xyer0 Its Prae's Flax hair.  They're having a sale and I want crazy

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/prae-flax-hair-for-g3/121653/

Thanks @ALLIEKATBLUE. It looks much better in your render. In the promos it looks like a blowout-combed perm.

Ildanach said:

Very nice, where'd the chest hair come from?

Cheers. It's Oh My Body Hair for G3M by RedzStudio ????