Help with error.."V4 suppport file not found" in categories

KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
edited September 2013 in New Users

I am trying to categorize my files. When I load Aiko.cr2 from my poser/ DAZ people folder all is well, but if I try to load that same file from procucts or categories it tells me that V4.2 support file not found. How can I make it load from mycategories, V4 itself loads fine from my product folder

Edit to clarify : should say Victoria 4 support folder not found in error message

Post edited by Kharma on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Can you right-click on the icon in categories and choose "Browse to File Location", and give the full path to the file?

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

In categories the path is E:/3D Content/Gen4 All/Runtime/Libraries/Character/Daz People

from my Poser Formats the path is exactly the same, the paths are the same for both Aiko cr2 and V 4.2 cr2. The Aiko icon does have the little yellow scroll in the corner in both categories and poser formats paths. I don't see why V4 and M4 and F4 load correctly from both cat and products ....but Aiko, Girl4, S4 and K4 don't from category or products, the girls all give that error except V4

edited December 1969

If you browse to the location from the Poser Formats, is it pointing to the same location? And you content directory manager shows
    "E:/3D Content/Gen4 All" under both DS-formats and Poser-Formats, not a higher or lower folder? It is puzzling that V4 would work but the others would not. Does the Victoria 4.2.cr2 have the scroll icon?

edited December 1969

They all point to the same folder yes, and I just discovered that Michael 4 doesn't load from Products either. It seems the ones with the yellow scroll will not load from there,even tho the paths are the same. I get the same error about no Michael 4 support folder

Here are my screens...maybe that will help

no_support.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 646K
    poser_formats.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 504K
    categories.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 791K
    edited December 1969

Did you install the Powerloader for V4.2 and M4? It may be that you didn't (hence no scroll icon on them) but you did for the other figures, so it's missing something. Did the figures initialize? They do work if you load from Poser Formats, right?

edited December 1969

Yes the Powerloaders are installed for all, but what do you mean by initialize? They all load correctly from the Daz People folder in poser formats.

edited December 1969

If you see the topic on Kids 4, seems some others are having trouble and same error but getting it when trying to load even from poser/ Daz People folder, was there maybe a funky update recently on these products? I don't recall....

edited December 1969

What's puzzling me is that (a) they load correctly from the Poser > DAZ People folder, so we know they're installed correctly, and (b) that the V4.2 cr2 doesn't have the scroll icon, but the others do.

Can you go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the DS-formats and Poser formats, and post a screenshot?

edited December 1969

It does seem strange as categorizing them doesn't move any files just references them...correct

Here is the screenshot

CDM.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 717K
    edited December 1969

Did you categorize from the Poser formats > DAZ People folder?

edited December 1969

I did try before but did it again just to be sure, categorized daz people folder

DAZ_People.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 756K
    edited December 1969

Is this using the general release (4.6.0.18) or the beta? When you load A4 from DAZ People, do you get the Powerloader screen? When you load from categories, do you get the error before the powerloader screen?

edited December 1969

Yes it is general release, pro edition. When I load from Daz People, it loads a bunch of files then the powerloader screen comes up with options to check. When I try from products , I get the error, then click OK and blank power loader screen then comes up

edited December 1969

Yes it is a problem with powerloader, as I read over in the Kids4 post, once I uninstalled powerloader I could load Aiko4 from categories. Now what tho, powerloader loads everything much faster than manual, it need an update or something, I guess?

edited December 1969

Try installing the V4 powerloader, as that seems to be missing (since there's no scroll on the V4.2.cr2). It's working for me, and I also have my content not on the C: drive.

edited December 1969

Nope it was installed so I uninstalled it then reinstalled to Gen4All folder, it now has the scroll on it, and they all will load from poser formats, but none will load from categories or products including V4. When I uninstalled A4 powerloader, she would then install from categories. Something is screwed up with the powerloaders I think