Bug Report with Chest Width and Symmetry Daz Pro 4.0.3.9

ratus69_c6741fefbfratus69_c6741fefbf Posts: 32
edited June 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

hello,

when I setup a basic genesis character and put Chest Width to 1 I canno't achieve a correct symmetrical pose, there's a difference between Left arm and Right Arm

is it a bug ?

thanks

AHAHAH, I've just installed the 4.5 RC2 and this parameter and a lot of others have disappeared !!!
Nice way to fix bugs !!!

Post edited by ratus69_c6741fefbf on

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Are you looking at the shaping tab or the parameters tab to try and find the Chest Width morph?

• ratus69_c6741fefbfratus69_c6741fefbf Posts: 32
    edited June 2012

well thanks for replying
    you're right, now the parameters that was in the shaping tab in 4.0.3.9 are now in parameters tab....
    nothing has disappeared, it has moved ok but the bug still remains...

Post edited by ratus69_c6741fefbf on
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Can you post an example of what you're seeing? A few experiments on my end and I"m not seeing an issue but I'm not doing anything extreme either...

• edited June 2012

You might want to be a bit more specific. If there really are differences then it should be easy to point out which joints are different. You might want to double check your morphs. I'm mostly animating, and don't play around too much with anything outside of the main body morphs and facial stuff. What I do notice is that finger morphs will massively screw up animated fingers, so I never use the finger morphs or controllers or whatever they are. I have noticed what I think is a bug in the right hand tho, cause with all the morphs for the right hand at defaults, I can't apply my preset finger poses without the pinky and another finger being straight out. The only way for me to fix this is to put the hand preset on the left hand and use symmetry to transfer it over to the right hand. This is why I think it is a bug. I haven't dug deeper into it tho to know enough to properly file a bug for it.

Post edited by omedhue_196e22b81c on
  • wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited June 2012

Don't know if this helps.

I used to have this problem with V4 and the Chest Size (Morphforms) options. Using the symmetry tool will screw up the scale dials. My workaround for this is to set symmetry tools to only mirror rotations (leaving translation and scale off). You can set this as the default option on the second tab (I think).

This was with DS2 and DS3 btw.

Post edited by wowie on
  • ratus69_c6741fefbfratus69_c6741fefbf Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

Thanks to all for your help !

Wowie you're the man : when I uncheck the translation and scale using symmetry, it works (and I think it comes from scale)
    Thanks again !!

• wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited December 1969

Glad to see that solves your problem. Looks like somethings are not fixed in DS4 and Genesis.:cheese: