Iray decal kit

I have a question regarding the iray decal kit. I also use the iray wet clothes kit and that one works just fine. But with the decal kit I can't seem to put any materials on it. I am in Iray preview mode, the default square is in position but it won't do anything when I click the material presets. Nothing happens even the Undo option does not register the material application. The square is oriented properly, the arrow is pointing away from the wall and either way the other side is blank as well. What am I missing here?

erm.PNG
257 x 326 - 126K

Comments

• Oh ok silly me, found the problem. There are two material folders, one for a Decal Node and another for the Plane. I was using the wrong one.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 2018

If you are using the decal plane, are you applying the material that is designed for the plane. The decal kit comes with materials for Iray decals and for the decal plane. They are different. The materials for the plane have the word PLANE on the matrerial thumbnails.

Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

If you are using the decal plane, are you applying the material that is designed for the plane. The decal kit comes with materials for Iray decals and for the decal plane. They are different. The materials for the plane have the work PLANE on the matrerial thumbnails.

Yes that was it, I totally didn't see the second folder directly below.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Great! I'm glad you got it worked out.