Confused about installing

anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I had the beta version installed and when I went to install the program installed to the program files area but the native content installed to My Library, the location I had selected. I've uninstalled everyting and deleted the path from my DIM.

My question is do I need to install all of the cararra content to the program files area (manually), if the DIM is not installing correct?

Also I think my C drive is beginning to be full - can I put cararra somewhere other than C Program files?

I have read all the documentation but I'm still not clear on these two points. Thanks.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You can install Carrara elsewhere, doesn't have to be on the C: drive or in Program Files.

Content in Carrara format gets installed to the Carrara application folder; content in DS/Poser formats gets installed to the install location you have selected in DIM (default being My DAZ 3D Library).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I installed my copy to my D drive with a manual install, and have had no problems so far, and I am a complete newbie as far as Carrara goes.

I simply made a folder which I called Carrara and then ran the installer to that.

Made a 2nd folder inside which I called Carrara content, ran the content files to that, and then dropped and dragged them to where I was told to put them by someone helpful

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Thanks both, I've installed onto second hard drive.