[Released!] Kingston for Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

Faber IncFaber Inc Posts: 294

Released! laugh

Kingston is a new African-American athletic man crafted for Genesis 8 Male.

https://www.daz3d.com/kingston-for-genesis-8-male

Kingston features HD sculpted face and bodybuilder body, anatomical element morphs, muscle shape details, photo-realistic skin and several colorful eyes options.

Please feel free to ask any question you might have regarding this product. smiley and I would LOVE to see what you can do with him! heart 

Thanks!

KingstonforGenesis8Male_main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 536K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

I just purchased him, will download and render with him soon. Kingston looks great, awesome work!

• Twas an instabuy for me! Thanks for the great characters.
  • Thank you @Linton and @missuskisses! heart

Can't wait to see your artwork using him wink

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited December 2018

Just wanted to say that he is an absolutley lovely character to work with. 

KINGSTON FABER INC SS.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 4M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • Thank you so much @IceDragonArt! That render is great! I Really like how he looks with his hair braided! :D

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

He is a good looking guy!

• rhees.birmanrhees.birman Posts: 18
    edited May 2020

Hi I just bought Kingston but it seems most of the shaping presets don't work. Only the navel on/off shape applier and the complete kingston shape applier works, but not the head, body, genitals or nipples. Am I doing something wrong? I am using DAZ Studio 4.12

Post edited by rhees.birman on
  • Faber IncFaber Inc Posts: 294

Hi rhees.birman

So, the character preset is working, but not the individual head and body presets, right? Have you tried dialing up those morphs directly from the parameters tab? For the genital morph you'll need to have G8M genitalia selected.

At glance it could be an installation problem, because if the full character preset works, the head, and body morphs were correctly installed as it uses both morph files, so maybe the path of the individual presets could be wrong. If you are using Daz installation Manager (DIM) I would uninstall and reinstall Kingston just to discard the possibility of an corrupted installation issue.  

Please let me know.

• Hi Faber, thanks so much for responding. Yes, the sliders in the parameters tab work fine for all the morphs except that I don't see anything for the genitalia. I'm not sure what you mean by having the G8M genitalia selected. Do you mean there's something in the G8 rig called genitalia? I don't see anything like that.

edited May 2020

Hi Faber, thanks so much for responding. Yes, the sliders in the parameters tab work fine for all the morphs except that I don't see anything for the genitalia. I'm not sure what you mean by having the G8M genitalia selected. Do you mean there's something in the G8 rig called genitalia? I don't see anything like that.

G8M genitalia is an independent figure, is not in G8M itself. Is an attachment, just like the eyelashes. Important note, here at the store is refered like "Anatomical Elements". 

If you have it installed, you will find it under People > Genesis 8 Male > Anatomy (See attached image). To apply Kingston's genital mats and morph you must have that figure selected. If you don't have it on your directory, you might be missing "Genesis 8 Male Anatomical Elements"

Here's a thread about this in particular and explains better where to get it.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5588141/

Let me know if you have any more problems with Kingston. :)

g8mdirectory.png
    611 x 647 - 109K
    Post edited by Faber Inc on
  • Oh I see. So the Kingston genitalia preset is just a morph for the G8 genitalia attachment that comes only in the pro bundle of any G8 figure. I guess I will just have to be creative with my poses then because those bundles are not cheap. It's strange that the body, head and nipple presets don't appear to work for me, but it's not a problem as the parameter sliders work just fine. Thanks for the explanation, Faber. Much appreciated!

Yeah totally agree,  I think the anatomical elements should be part of a standalone product and not within a pro bundle product only.

Getting back to Kingston, have you tried unistalling and reinstalling the product? Maybe that can solve the issue

• I tried reinstalling (through DAZ Connect, I don't use the Install Manager) but still only the navel shaping preset appears to work.

In the log I see this:

2020-05-30 02:18:14.897 Loaded file: kingston nipples apply.duf
    2020-05-30 02:18:17.877 File loaded in 0 min 0.0 sec.

which seems to indicate the preset is silently failing to load.

• Actually, the head and body shaping presets do work, but only when applied to the G8 base figure. If you load Kingston via the kingston.duf file, the head and body presets don't apply. Maybe that makes sense? I assumed if you applied e.g. the head remove preset it would revert back to the G8 base head. The "kingston nipples apply.duf" file still doesn't work on either the Kingston figure or the G8 base figure though.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Quite yummy.  Nice work!