Animation - Change a property in all frames at once.

Hi
I need to change a property of an object (for example, Y Translate value) and apply that change in all frames of the animation.
Right now it only applies in the selected frame and it is not viable to change one by one.

animate2, Timeline, keyMate... I cant do it.

Comments

• In animate 2, did you try to double click on the aniblock, then click on the first box in the block itself and make the change there? That usually works for me if I need to change something like the Y axis. Or did you click the plus sign, then right click over the character name in animate and add empty block? Sometimes I have to do that to override an aniblock. 

• Graphmate can do that.

• With animate2 I do not get it.
    I have seen that with the Graphmate you could move each frame in a faster way, but still there is not an option to copy / paste property or apply to all frames.
    Thank you and if I discover something new I will put it here

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited December 2018

This is how I would do this real quick:

1. change value

2. memorize value - with my customized shortcuts I'm just pressing F4 or F5 - Memorize Figure / Item (default values are of darker color)

3. change timeline frame, Alt+click property slider in the Parameters pane - done

Found this once by accident - it will 'reset' the value of the silder to the before memorized default value state on the entire timeline.

On the frame in the timeline where you changed the value you could use the action Memorize Figure / Item (whatever is your selection) from the Edit main menu or shorter from the Parameters pane option menu. Then go to some other frame where the value is different (lighter value color) and press and hold the Alt key while clicking on the desired property slider in the Paramters pane.

Another option for corrections in animations is to add a new Layer (additive) in AniMate2.

Something like this - should also work with static items:

Using Layers in aniMate2 - YouTube

Post edited by Syrus_Dante on
  • Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064
    scummgrog said:

Hi
    I need to change a property of an object (for example, Y Translate value) and apply that change in all frames of the animation.
    Right now it only applies in the selected frame and it is not viable to change one by one.

animate2, Timeline, keyMate... I cant do it.

This is one of the many reasons why I gave up on animation in Daz Studio.  Sometimes you just want to the move the entire animation up or down, and you're force to do it frame by frame!  You expect me to move a 100 or more frames?  Crazy.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,762
    edited December 2018

"Hi
    Right now it only applies in the selected frame and it is not viable to change one by one."

Do you have the graphMate plugin??

What you are attempting is a simple matter with graphmate
    if you marquee select all or any of your frames and hold down the control
    key on your keyboard while moving them up/down forward or backwards 

Y TRANSLATE.jpg
    800 x 625 - 146K
    Post edited by wolf359 on