Marshian's Plane Easy Atmospheres

I just picked up Marshians "Plane Easy Atmospheres"...
https://www.daz3d.com/plane-easy-atmospheres

Artistically this is a product that has a lot of uses but it doesn't come with any directions so I'm wondering if any of you guys can share some of the things you've done with it and if anybody can show me the process involved in the making of some of the example renders that Marshian provided.

One of my favorites is the picture that looks like its maybe under the ice...

I really wonder what exactly he did to make that effect..   If anybody can tell me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 2018

Hi SnowPheonix. I can assist here! Composing this scene was pretty straight forward: figure, arch, camera (under the plane), and a soft afternoon HDRI render setting for light. The plane, which is level with the floor grid, has the default material setting applied to it, just raise the Density (Main) slider a little, to about .80 or so. The camera has a DOF setting of about 9 (Focal Distance is 277)

Let me know if you have more questions. Before this became a product it was a tool I made for my own work so it is well refined and tested. I still use it frequently 

Post edited by Marshian on
  • SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited December 2018

please ignore..

Post edited by SnowPheonix on
  • SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited December 2018
    Marshian said:

Hi SnowPheonix. I can assist here! Composing this scene was pretty straight forward: figure, arch, camera (under the plane), and a soft afternoon HDRI render setting for light. The plane, which is level with the floor grid, has the default material setting applied to it, just raise the Density (Main) slider a little, to about .80 or so. The camera has a DOF setting of about 9 (Focal Distance is 277)

Let me know if you have more questions. Before this became a product it was a tool I made for my own work so it is well refined and tested. I still use it frequently 

Absolutely brilliant and to be honest.. thank goodness you told me because I never would have figured out about increasing the density... I really like that trick.  As a way of saying thank you I invested in a couple more of your special effects packages.. I wonder if you or somebody else could show me something interesting combining one of the products I just bought from you... To be honest.. it doesn't hurt that your stuff is on sale and your my favorite special effects source on DAZ. :)

I wonder what interesting idea you could come up with by render that is combining "Small World Camera"  amd the Plane easy...

Oh and if you posted any general information regarding those products, I'd love to learn more.. thanks for making them and keep up the brilliant and creative work.

Happy rendering

!

wave4a.jpg
    1288 x 575 - 653K
    Post edited by SnowPheonix on
  • jewels99jewels99 Posts: 30

Can this be used for Iray renders?