High Quality renders

Hi guys!

I'm just learning. Took only 2 or 3 YouTube tutorials but there's one thing I can't quite understand...

I'm interested in using DAZ to create characters that I can later use on Photoshop (book covers, etc). I need the final rended from DAZ to have great quality, but none of the tutorials seem to explain how to obtain a HD image.

I follow all the steps, create my character and render it (I already know this part takes a while) but, in the end, despite I save it as a png or tiff, the final image is always 72 dpis and 980 x 980 pixel (or similar).

How do I increase the definition of the final rendered image?

I'm desperate!

Thank you SO much for your help.

Comments

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

Do not think about 'dots per inch' — the term only relates to particular devices like printers.   Just count pixels.   If you want a 'high definition' image, render at, for example, 1080x1920 pixels (the same as a 1080p HD film frame).  If you want an 8.5x11" image at 300 dots/inch, render an image with a resolution of 3300 x 2550 pixels.  These numbers are set in the Render Settings->Editor->General tab, as pixel size.

• Ostadan said:

Do not think about 'dots per inch' — the term only relates to particular devices like printers.   Just count pixels.   If you want a 'high definition' image, render at, for example, 1080x1920 pixels (the same as a 1080p HD film frame).  If you want an 8.5x11" image at 300 dots/inch, render an image with a resolution of 3300 x 2550 pixels.  These numbers are set in the Render Settings->Editor->General tab, as pixel size.

Thank you Ostadan. I was really needing to know where to go to change the definition settings. I knew there had to be a way :)

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Also, to truly get the best quality (especially since it sounds like you already know your way around Photoshop), I suggest learning how to use canvases in Iray. @SickleYield has a great video tutorial which is an introduction to the Iray Canvas System in Daz Studio. The .exr files used for canvases have more data per pixel than the standard PNG images you get from the rendering engine. Even just the Beauty Pass canvas typically looks better than the straight render. Using multiple layers will also allow you to adjust exposure, change lighting effects, generate masks for various effects, etc.