Jerky/Skipping Playback

I have an issue with animation playback. It skips about 15 frames and I cannot get an idea of what the animation looks like before rendering. I think I pinpointed the culprit and would like to know if the playback issue is inevitable. I use G2F for the base figure and apply V4 Ruffle Blouse and a G3 Jacket. They certainly don't fit so I have to do quite a number of adjustments inluding smothing modifiers and transformers (V4 to G2, G3 to G2). When I remove those two items the playback i s normal. I use DAZ 4.10, my computer specs are Intel i7-7700K @4.20 Ghz, 16 GbRAM, win 64 and NVIDIA GForce GTX 1060 6Gb.

Any suggestions? Thank you

Comments

• What I've been doing when this happens to me is to test to see if something is going to work before fully rendering is I'll render it out at 486 so it won't take long at all to render  (I'll go cook dinner or something come back and it's finished). If the animation looks a-okay, I'll then render it out at 1920 or make the needed adjustments. That's how I've gotten around this same problem. 

• rames44rames44 Posts: 329

What I do when I’m checking an animation is to change the renderer from iRay to OpenGL and render it out that way.  You don’t get all the materials and lighting exactly correct, of course, but the animation will render crazy fast - only seconds per frame. That lets you check the timing, positioning, etc in the time it takes to grab a cup of coffee.