how to use iray server

hello everybody....i have noticed an option next to canvanses , which says bridge (beta) and iray server below....

is this a way to connect to a server with multiple gpus to render....lets say something really heavy? like an animation?

i have 168 frames and my current machine (one 1080 ti and one 970) cannot proccess such big timeline at the quality i want it...

seriously i would pay for someone if he could guide me with the proceddure step by step

thanks!

Comments

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

Don't quote me but I think you need iRay Server software, which is paid for.

• Do you have one or more machines with Iray Server licenses, or a render farm with accessible Iray Server nodes? The bridge allows you to use those, by entering an IP Address and the access password, but it doesn't in itself enable network rendering.

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386

Do you have one or more machines with Iray Server licenses, or a render farm with accessible Iray Server nodes? The bridge allows you to use those, by entering an IP Address and the access password, but it doesn't in itself enable network rendering.

Richard no i dont have...but can you please describe me the procedure of what someone can do to use render farm rendering for hire throught daz studio program? Or if there is a convinient way to render such animation through daz?

• If you find a suitable service they should provide you with the address and password that you need to enter into the pane. I've not tried using a service, and certainly don't have machines running Iray Server, so it's not soemthing I've used at all.

• DrGonzo62DrGonzo62 Posts: 221
    ISIKOL said:

Do you have one or more machines with Iray Server licenses, or a render farm with accessible Iray Server nodes? The bridge allows you to use those, by entering an IP Address and the access password, but it doesn't in itself enable network rendering.

Richard no i dont have...but can you please describe me the procedure of what someone can do to use render farm rendering for hire throught daz studio program? Or if there is a convinient way to render such animation through daz?

At the moment it seems that DAZ is not able to render image sequences to iRay server. Single images work fine, but not animations.
    https://www.irayplugins.com/forum/showthread.php?26232-Daz3d-Animation-Support&p=78228#post78228

Which would be the main advantage of using a renderfarm in the first place.
    I wonder when DAZ will implement this into their iRay version...?

• Yes it can be done -