Three material preset questions.

I'm creating a one click skin shader and I had 3 questions at this particular moment. 1: How do I save the material so it applies as a LIE layer for make-up or other textures? 2: How do I get the base map to apply to other surface settings? For instance, when using the N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 shader It takes the current base map being use and just places it where you would normally have S, SSS, or bump maps. Basically I want some of the base maps for the character being used to remain. 3: How do you get the torso map to just be placed over the genitalia anatomy add on? On some characters when applying the character material settings you don't have to separately apply the genital material to the genital add-on itself. This is more for future reference, I personally rarely used the anatomy add-on but some people might need it or want it for whatever reasons. Bonus question: What are the copyright rules when it comes to using other people's (unmarked) surface and texture maps? I created this shader using all my own maps but there are some great S and SSS maps out there that I would love to use.

Comments

• On the bonus question: They cannot be used unless the creator stipulates they are a Merchant Resource and how they may be used. When in doubt, contact the creator. Even in the case of freebies, they do not automatically come with permission to re-distribute.

• 1. File>Save As>Layered Image Preset

2. In the options dialogue you can save values (numeric settings, mostly), maps (textures), or both - the option menu, the lined button part way down on the right, gives global options or you can go through the property list making individual adjustments

3. I think you are looking for File>Save As>Hierarchical Materials preset - that requires that the Anatomical Elements be parented to the base figure, as well as fitted, and doesn't allow the same level of granular control over what settings are applied.

• CASINCCASINC Posts: 56

1. File>Save As>Layered Image Preset

2. In the options dialogue you can save values (numeric settings, mostly), maps (textures), or both - the option menu, the lined button part way down on the right, gives global options or you can go through the property list making individual adjustments

3. I think you are looking for File>Save As>Hierarchical Materials preset - that requires that the Anatomical Elements be parented to the base figure, as well as fitted, and doesn't allow the same level of granular control over what settings are applied.

Thanks, I'll give them a shot.